Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jul 17, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Universal Healthcare?
    I posted this here because it effects us all and is a big election issue.
    While the current US healthcare system is far from perfect, is Universal Healthcare the answer?

BBC NEWS | Health | UK 'has worst cancer record'

Pacific Research Institute • Publications • Michael Moore Confirms that Government Health Care is Sicko

Americans Spend More on Health Care But Are Not Healthier

I think the govn't would be okay for evidence based preventitive care but would leave acute care to the free market.

What say you?

Grace and Peace
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2007, 07:24 PM
    What say you?
    Mr. O'Reilly? Is that you?? :)

I think the health care in the US needs reform, but I don't want the government to totally take it over. People complain about the profits that health care companies make, but that's the price you pay (pun intended) with a free market society. Despite what Michael Moore says, profit is not evil. I think some reforms need to be made to the existing programs, but I would not be happy if my only option was gubment care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business Major in Healthcare [ 4 Answers ]

I am a BBA student and am interested in getting a career in the admin side of a healthcare, pharmeceutical, or biotech company. What I would like to know, is, what should I major in if I want to do this? Should I just get a business degree in any field of business, but take some chem and bio...

Healthcare management [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to do a distance learning course in Healthcare & Hospital Management, from an US, UK or Australian University; please let me know who provides such courses, what are the admission terms and fee structure?

Universal Honeywell thermostat not so universal [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Honeywell programmable 7400 "universal" thermostat. My current system does not match the wiring colors on the 7400. Current system is a trolatemp by honeywell. The terminal colors are: WROBGY This is an oil forced air heat and AC system with 2 zones. The...

Healthcare in custody,who pays [ 2 Answers ]

While being in custody after being arrested,I needed medical care,so I was transported to the hospital.the hospital gave me two tylenol and sent me back into custody .the hospital bill was $500.who pays? Is my question,the police dept.or me.

View more questions Search