Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latriceh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 11:42 AM
    How can I get emergency custody of my step daughter who lives with me now for school?
    My step daughter live with me now and I can't register her for school with out a court document, but it cost like $95 and right now I don't have it but its keeping her from getting in school is there anyway I can get something until I pay the $95?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by latriceh View Post
    My step daughter live with me now and I can't register her for school with out a court document, but it cost like $95 and right now I don't have it but its keeping her from getting in school is there anyway I can get something until I pay the $95?
    Unfortunately as the stepparent, you have no legal standing. The father/mother will have to enroll the child.

When did the child come to live with you? Has the court order been modified to show a change of primary physical custody?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband-to-be 19 year old daughter hates me and lives with us. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for 4 years. I am divorced with triplets. I am also a full time student graduating within the year. My boyfriend's daughter use to love me, and she misconstrued something that I wrote her in a text a year and half ago. I have explained it to her, she won't let it...

Custody of my step-daughter [ 3 Answers ]

How do my husband and I go about getting custody of his 8 year old daughter?

Emergency custody? [ 5 Answers ]

OK I'll try to make this short, my brother, who is 12, met his dad for the first time around christmas because he abused my mom, me, my sister & my other brother(my youngest hadn't been born yet.). He told my mom that after staying there for christmas break he wanted to live with his father, he...

Emergency Custody [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My husband and I are very frustrated at this point. He has two children with his ex. Her husband is abusive to her and them. This summer her family called us and told us that she planned to move to Virginia with the kids and her husband. Her mother finally convinced her to let her...

View more questions Search