Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Placebo001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2003, 11:01 PM
    It's one of those internet things.. haha
    Hello Everyone,

First I like to start by saying this is a site is a great tool and I've been using and helping people out since it first came up.

But this time I have a small problem.

A year and a half ago I met this beautiful girl online with MSN. We talked for a year while I was in college and I finally went to meet her 3300 kms away this January. We instantly hit it off. Sparks flew, things were going great. Then I went home after a week of visiting and got back to my normal rutien.

After a few months of very good chatting we started falling in love with the prospects of being together for a long time to come and that we were going to make these plans in the not so distant future.

But then she moved to Australia for school and will return home in August. She is still in Australia right now and we just finished having a big fight about how we never talk about anything else then being together in the future and how we shouldn't consider each other as a couple because we aren't physically together. These things make perfectly good sense to me. What bothers me is when I start to give her my plans for the upcoming year she gets very upset that they don't include her. And she thinks I don't love her anymore. I want her to go and move to get a job in another nearby city, but when I tell her I want to move to a big city to start school again she gets upset. In one way it's not fair and in another it makes sense.

What I need to know about is peoples opinions about internet relationships or even long distance relationships. It's such a huge subject but it interests me to know how you feel about it or about how you feel about my situation. I just want to talk to her like friends again, but it's hard to get that across.

Thank you so much everyone.

A/non
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Apr 17, 2003, 08:58 AM
    I met my wife on the internet, so it can work. It sounds like you have come to a decision point. Do something to take the relationship to the next level or just admit that its not going to work because no one is willing to make the sdacrifice to make it work. The sacrifice I made was moving to a new town, buying a house and combining two families. So my advice is decide if you are willing to make sacrifices to make this work, and tell her here's what I'm willing to do to spend more time with you and pursue a permanent relationship, and see what she is willing to offer in return; OR say "Hey its been fun but its time to move on" I can't tell you which road to take, only you can make that choice but I'm certainly glad I took that next step.

Best wishes,
    Dwalex
    chaz1797 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2003, 08:40 PM
    You know long didtance relationships or internet loves are hard, I've been in one for six years that person today is not the same person I met, and he abuses me continuously and believe me if I had to do it all again I would pass... but communication is the key to anyone problem, let her know how you feel and it's up to her to be mature and except what you say, if
    chaz1797 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2003, 08:42 PM
    I'm sorry I pushed the wrong key, but what I wanted to say is that if this relationship builds to the next stage in the future than great if not it was an experience you won't forget... best of luck

Chaz :)
    L-001-06-H Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Yea, people meet online, and long distance relationships can go well... though, the relationship is EXTREMELY hard to keep going smoothly, and even harder to deal with not being able to physically be there with the person... but, as long as there aren't other issues, and as long as the two of you REALLY connect, just let things work themselves out...
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2007, 07:59 PM
    I think it's better to meet in person and always be honest. U really can't tell who is good or not b y talking online only. Internet is a good tool, but in some extent it's fairly limited.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing things [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this site, so hopefully my answer will be fulfilled. My daughter lately this past week will out of the blue say that a man touched her. Yeah, I know what you are thinking. We asked her a series of questions, was it daddy, was in uncle so and so, we went down the list of males she...

HELp me find the name of this movie... its killing me haha [ 5 Answers ]

OK so its from the 80s its about this little boy who wakes up from sleeping in his bed and sees a lot of creatures in his room that talk to him... then at some part he's flying on his bed... then another part he is flying on a blimp looking thing with a basket attached... sorta like a hot air...

Internet clients knowing where to put things [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to setup when a user downloads something the internet client looks at the extension and opens the right folder it is I want it to go in? After I setup the settings of what I need to use or change.

Fun Things [ 1 Answers ]

Well dating is tough and it gets tougher to keep things interesting after 2 years! What are some fun things(activities) to do to re-connect or just to fire things up in a relationship?

View more questions Search