Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jchild40 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Agway snow blower 8hp 24" Model # 82-3059
    I just bought this 2 stage snowblower used. One auger is rusted frozen and the second has a good shear pin in it, but the augers do not always spin. Once they hit the snow they usually stop all together. The augers feel like they have about 6 inches worth of play, ONLY when it's at a certain point in it's rotation. Other wise, they feel tight with the 2nd stage, and move with the 2nd stage when I spin it with my hands.

I hope it's one of the keys that were sheared off. The other issue I think it may be is the worm gear with broken teeth... because the 2nd stage still spins without issue

1) Is anyone familiar enough to confirm either of these or tell me that I am way off?

2) This machine may be 10-15 years old. While it has a Tecumsuh engine, I have done random googles and found slight references that MTD or Murray/Noma made this machine. Can anyone tell me who made these machines for Agway?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2009, 06:54 PM

I believe Murry/Noma is MTD too. They gobbled up a lot of things, however there are sometimes aftermarket parts available even though the parts are unavalable from MTD. Example: Drive wheels for a Troy Built mower.

Suggest calling MTD for a parts manual. You'll also need the seril number.
    jchild40 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 02:26 PM

I tore down the machine today and found that it was the worm gear in the front gear box, in between the augers. That's why you MUST use shear pins! Apparently the previous owner didn't think this was important.

I did find a sticker on the machine with Murray, Inc on it.
    mainewelding Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2011, 08:29 AM
    I just replaced a carburetor on my snowblower. I bought this machine, the previous owner told me the carburetor was bad.
    The machine skips now that I replaced the carb. Did not run until I put carb on. Any ideas on why the machine is skipping?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Craftsman model#31A-3BDE799 Snow Blower 5.5hp [ 8 Answers ]

The snowblower is two years old and when the bar to engage the auger is held down the auger will not rotate. Any ideas?

Model #310-430A Snow thrower [ 4 Answers ]

My snow thrower is not throwing snow.. the auger turns and it runs well.. but it does not throw snow.. is there a part I should be looking at??

Snow blower [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older snow blower a Yardman it is about 15 years old what is the best Oil to use in it, and what spark plug would be best. Thank you

Snow blower not picking up snow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow. I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition. What else should I check? Thanks

View more questions Search