Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrackerJack Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2004, 12:14 AM
    Title to an 80's fantasy movie
    My friends and I are on a quest to find the title to a fantasy movie from the 80's. All we can remember is it has two kids about 9-10 on a quest to find a man in a castle w/ a heart of stone and to kill him w/ a sword they get late in the movie. They do kill the guy, when they do, his heart becomes real. They are playing panflutes I believe throughout the whole movie, and somehow it helps them on their quest. It isn't animated or anything, but if you could help me find the title that would be lovely and we could die happy people being able to watch it one more time. Thanks
    Ghidra99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2004, 03:17 PM
    The name of the movie you're looking for is Mio in the Land of Faraway. You should be able to find it on DVD.

It was released in 1987. It is based on the novel Mio, My Son by Astrid Lindgren, author of Pippi Longstocking.

Great flick. I loved it when I was a kid.
    CrackerJack Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2004, 04:16 PM
    Thank you very much! My friends and I are grateful to you! ;)
    mandy iv xx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2005, 12:37 PM
    Yes!! Yessssss!!
    YESSS!! YESSS!! THANK YOU!! AFTER YEARS (10) OF SEARCHING, FINALLY I HAVE FOUND SOMEONE THAT ACTUALLY REMEMBERS THIS MOVIE!! I couldn't get the image of the little boy grabbing onto the floating head out of my memory, and every time I asked someone my age about it they all looked at me like I was crazy. THANK YOU!! I, too, can die happy! :D
    SueZbear02 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2005, 08:41 AM
    Omg
    This is So Awesome I have been looking for this movie for years I am so excited to finally know the name of it I want to go but it now.
    RockLeeSmile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2005, 09:35 PM
    I just wanted to say thank you! This thread has also made me able to finally rest after almost 10 years of searching... the same image was also stuck in my head and I find it really strange that all of us were drawn to this same thought. I'd explained this movie's plot to dozens of people and all of them thought I was completely insane. I guess this truly is a cult movie... OH I'M SO HAPPY FINALLLLLLY I CAN REST! TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY!

PS: If you ever do read this feel free to email me at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with an 80's or early 90's fantasy movie title! [ 5 Answers ]

I stumbled into this place and it looks like someone may be able to help me with this... I've been after a movie title for something like the last ten or fifteen years, and just lately it's started bugging me afresh. I must have seen it when I was super small, and only remember fragments of the...

Title of 80's kid fantasy movie [ 2 Answers ]

This movie came on YTV (Canadian youth television channel) all the time when I was a kid, which was in the early 90's but the movie I think was made probably in the early 80's. What I remember most is these kids going to this fantasy land, I think the kids meet this blonde midget, little guy in a...

80's sci/fantasy - Title lost and forgotten [ 2 Answers ]

This has been an ongoing search for 10 years now. When I ask other people about it they look at me like I'm from outerspace or something. I can only remember a short scene from movie. There is a young girl, maybe 10yr-12yr and she is in the bathroom looking up at this white old spice glass bottle...

80's fantasy movie title needed [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE help me figure out what movie this is... It has to be an 80's movie although it could be very, very late 70's (78 or 79)... All I remember is that it was about a little boy (maybe 8-10) who lived with his grandparents and his grandmother asked him to go to the corner store to buy...

Title for 80's fantasy movie with magic slide [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I recently had a memory about a fantasy movie that I saw in the early nineties, but I'm assuming it was older than that, probably from the eighties. All I remember is a boy and girl, brother and sister I think, end up in this magical land with all these strange people and this couple who may...

View more questions Search