Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nwptsailor Posts: 56, Reputation: 4

Feb 7, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Tub hot , shower cold ?
    I have a large whirlpool tub which could not be filled with hot water from the conventional electric hot water heater. So I installed a Bosch gas fired " continuous hot" water heater.
    The tub fills with hot water without a problem . The showers in the house go cold after a few short minutes. There seems to be a constant supply of hot water to the kitchen sink and other sinks in the house.
    The showers are not a longer run than the tub. It does not seem to make sense. If I can get a continuous hot water at one fixture , presumably the remaining fixtures would not perform differently .
    The shower diverters are twenty plus years old. Could it be that the old diverters are too inefficient?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 7, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Please explain your defination of "shower diverter" Your statement,"The shower diverters are twenty plus years old. Could it be that the old diverters are too inefficient?" don't make much sense since most shower diverters are located in the tub spout and have no effect on water temperature.
    Kindly rephrase the question? Are the showers tied into the Bosch tankless heater? Regards, Tom
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Are the showers tied into the Bosch tankless heater? Regards, Tom
    Good question.

Given the description, I'm about as flummoxed as I can get.
    Nwptsailor Posts: 56, Reputation: 4

Feb 8, 2007, 09:55 AM
    The Bosch heater supplies every fixture in the house. By shower diverter , I mean the mixing valve at each shower
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 8, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Now we need to know the brand name of the shower valves. Do they have temperature control or anti-skald features. What size Bosch Tankless do you have? Is the regular water heater still in the system? Have you checked the elements if it is? Did it ever furmish all the hot water that you desire or just start the problem? Back toi you. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water shooting out from behind shower hot and cold valves [ 3 Answers ]

When I turn on the shower, water is not making it up to the shower head, rather spraying out from behind the knobs to turn the shower on? Is it just bad gaskets? How should I repair.

Shower Diverter - Hot/cold handles hard to turn [ 4 Answers ]

My shower has the standard 3 (not sure of brand) valve set up. All of the valve handles are very hard to turn and I am wondering is there a way of loosening any part of the stems to reduce the tension? I am not sure but I think a long time ago I read that when the stems are installed in a closed...

Shower loses hot or cold water when other plumbing fixtures are used [ 8 Answers ]

We live in a split-level house built in 1965; it has three residential levels plus a basement. Our bathrooms are on the upmost level, and the hot water heater is in the basement. The showers lose cold water whenever someone uses the kitchen sink, dishwasher, toilet, or bathroom sinks. The shower...

Need to replace shower hot and cold knobs [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a little over 50 years old. The shower leaks water from the tub faucet when it is set to come from the shower head. Also the water never fully stops leaking even when the knobs are set to off. I think the wahers are old and have read about replacing "seats" online but can't figure it...

Hot water running cold in shower [ 6 Answers ]

We just had a new peerless tankless boiler put in our home. With the old boiler we had no problem with the hot water in the showers. However, when we replaced the shower controls I did have to make an adjustment on the pipes of the oil boiler. I turned a knob on one of the pipes that seemed to...

View more questions Search