Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sloopy22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 11:15 PM
    Need to replace shower hot and cold knobs
    My house is a little over 50 years old. The shower leaks water from the tub faucet when it is set to come from the shower head. Also the water never fully stops leaking even when the knobs are set to off. I think the wahers are old and have read about replacing "seats" online but can't figure it all out.

Kristen
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 4, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Take a look at the image I've put up. Shut the water off to the valve, pull the hot and cold stems and replace the washers. At the same time check the seats for nicks and rough edges. If you find the seats are bad click on back and I'll walk you through the replacement. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water shooting out from behind shower hot and cold valves [ 3 Answers ]

When I turn on the shower, water is not making it up to the shower head, rather spraying out from behind the knobs to turn the shower on? Is it just bad gaskets? How should I repair.

Shower Diverter - Hot/cold handles hard to turn [ 4 Answers ]

My shower has the standard 3 (not sure of brand) valve set up. All of the valve handles are very hard to turn and I am wondering is there a way of loosening any part of the stems to reduce the tension? I am not sure but I think a long time ago I read that when the stems are installed in a closed...

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

Low water pressure in bathtub/shower hot or cold [ 7 Answers ]

My shower/bathtub has no water pressure. It does not matter if you turn the cold or the hot water on. The rest of the house is not having any problems with water pressure just this particular bathtub/shower. I tried removing the water spout to see if anything was stopping it up, but it won't...

Hot water running cold in shower [ 6 Answers ]

We just had a new peerless tankless boiler put in our home. With the old boiler we had no problem with the hot water in the showers. However, when we replaced the shower controls I did have to make an adjustment on the pipes of the oil boiler. I turned a knob on one of the pipes that seemed to...

View more questions Search