Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lina21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 02:08 AM
    Vicodine and Norcos affects on hair folical test
    Do I need to let my empoyer know of my Vicodine prescription last month before my hair folical test next week? Also how do vicodine or norcos show on the hair folical test can they see it was a prescribed narcotic or does it register as illegal?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2011, 07:56 AM

I would definitely recommend providing a copy of your prescription.

Both Vicodin and Norco contain hydrocodone (Hyd) a semi-synthetic opioid. How and even if it shows up on a Hair Drug Test (HDT) is largely dependent on the specificity of the test and testing facility.

All HDTs check for opiates (via morphine) but many do not detect the synthetics as they do not breakdown into morphine. However, expanded drug screens can detect this class and they can be specifically tested for. So in one type of screen if Hyd was detected it could register as an opiate* while in a more specific test (confirmatory) it could be specifically identified by it's metabolites.

No drug test can determine the source of the drug, illicit or prescription. It is only a valid prescription that makes this distinction, therefore my recommendation.

*Hyd cross-reacts with many commercial IA opiate screens even though it contains no morphine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to know what I can do to pass a hair folical test [ 11 Answers ]

Okay I Am Writing This Because I Need Some Help.. I Have A Hair Falical Test On July 11 And I Have Relapsed On Crack And Pot A Few Times And Need To Know What I Can Do Too Pass It? Please Help Me This Life Or Death :(

Passing A Hair Folical Test [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that if you strip and then bleach your hair that you will pass a hair folical test?

Hair folical test on meth, can it detect single use? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a hair follicle test for meth be specific enough to detect a single use. Is there a specific name of a test that can.

Hair folical test [ 18 Answers ]

I haven't smoked any weed in over a month and a half, yet I'm still worried because I have an interview and drug test with an airline. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good shampoo, or other way to make sure that I am clean. I have researched this on the internet and have found that repeated...

View more questions Search