Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

May 17, 2008, 07:53 PM
    I need to know how to read my finace statement
    I have mutual funds in the bank and I just found out about them ( it was money left for me when my grandparents died). I need to get at them but don't know if I can cash them or not. My bank doesn't open again till Tuesday and I am really worried. My sister has had them in her name because I was under age when they were set up, but now I am over 20 and I woundering if I can go into the bank and get them with or without her.

This is how it looks on the page ( I will leave the dollar amount out I'll just put$)

Name: Lynnea Jamason ITF Joanna

Signing Authority Individual

Restraint Type: No Restraints

Mutual Funds Status Units owned Unit Price Value
    Balance A 300 $ $
    Canadian Dividend A 10.75
    Life S A 200

APA Instructions No

Restraint Type No Restraints

May 17, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Does ITF stand for In Trust For does that mean I am the owner or them or she is? Plus it says sole owner so who is the owner? It has all her information on the account like Birthday phone number.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 18, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Does your sister know you're posting this on a public board? If not, I'd remove her name because it's none of anyone's business. That's more private than the dollar amounts!

This also isn't finance. It's more a legal matter. You might try family law.

May 18, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Its not her real name neather is the one I am using I thought of that.

May 18, 2008, 03:45 PM
    It is a finance thing because I am not sure who is ownership she is always out of town so she can never come to the bank with me. So I just woundering does she need to be there for them to hand them over to me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finace business [ 1 Answers ]

In what sense is a reinvestment rate assumption embodied in the NPV, IRR, and MIRR methods?

Business finace [ 1 Answers ]

As a financial officer, you must determine which project your company should accept. The projects are mutually exclusive and the net present value (NPV) calculations for each take into account the project?s risk. Indicate which project (A or B) you would recommend and explain your reasons for this...

Finace [ 1 Answers ]

What is the formula to find the coupon rate of a bond?

Finace question [ 1 Answers ]

Mark and Ellot are friends. Mark wants to buy a new computer but does not have the money right now. Mark will pay Elliot $2,000 in five years if Mark will give him $1600 today. Elliot figures that there's an interest rate of 6% if he were to put the money in a bank instead of lending it to...

View more questions Search