Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbies info request Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 01:13 PM
    How can I find out who my neighbors home owners insurance company is?

How can I found out if a home owners has home owners insurance?

Is it legal to do so?
    jerfun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 01:16 PM
    You can find out that information by calling your own insurance company.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by debbies info request
    how can I found out if a home owners has home owners insurance?

You've posted this twice on 2 different threads - hopefully they will be combined.

In the meantime at least in my area of NYS you cannot determine if someone has homeowners or the name of the company (which I believe you also asked if you could determine).

You said this was a neighbor - short of asking them I don't think you can find out. HO isn't like auto where it's on file at DMV.

I run into this all the time when someone is injured and wants to claim on the HO and the homeowner won't provide the info so they end up getting sued and then the homeowner turns it over to the company.

If you are considering filing a claim on the HO send the homeowner a letter generally outlining your problem (you fell, their dog bit you) and ask them to turn it over to their HO. If they don't or won't, well, you'll have to sue them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 05:31 PM
    I know of no way to really find out, why do you need to know if he has home owners ?

If you have a claim against him, if he will not tell you who his insurance is, just sue him for the claim,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bought a home, previous owners are still getting loans against [ 2 Answers ]

About 7years ago I bought a house from my brother. Him and his in-laws took a condemned house and slapped it together.Here I come.My brother knew my dream of having a place of my own.I didn't know how to buy a house he knew this.In the seven year's I have lived there the roof and floor's are caving...

Home owners insurance [ 2 Answers ]

This really happened & I am baffled by the result. A tree in my yard falls & hits one of my cars. The car only has liability insurance coverage on it. The car was a total loss. My first reaction was that the home owners policy will take care of that. Not.. Evidently it only covers acts of...

Owners rights after home being foreclosed on in VA [ 5 Answers ]

My best friend recently went through a divorce and moved out of her previous home. She signed a "quit claim" to the husband for the property. Her exhusband lived there, but the property was foreclosed on. The new owner gave them (she and her exhusband) 2 days to collect their property from the...

Abandoned Home Owners [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a 'free' site to locate the owners of properties that have been abandoned?

View more questions Search