Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hugoboss72 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Appealing passport application
    I applied for a passport because the government couldn't make up their minds several months ago. Anyway, I applied and received a stupid letter from the State Department informing me that the identification I had presented at the time of my application was insufficient. They wanted to know all the schools I attended, all the jobs I ever held, all the addresses I ever lived at, etc. I had a deadline of sending in the application on April 10, 2008. I mailed it out on April 2, 2008, bought postage, and send it with the all information requested so it could get there in three days. Then I get another letter saying that my application is no longer in their office. Does anyone know what the process to appeal this? I want to pay any more money and stand in long lines for this passport. Please assist. Thank you in advance.

>Moved from Feedback<
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 09:25 AM
    The reason that passport applications are denied, mainly is the fact that you owe the government something..

Did you owe child support? (Even your kids are now over 18)
    Did you owe restitution to somebody?
    Is this your first passport? Or a renewal?

If not, then it might be identity problem...

Please provide more info...

Apr 18, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoboss72
    I applied for a passport because the government couldn't make up their minds several months ago. Anyways, I applied and received a stupid letter from the State Department informing me that the identification I had presented at the time of my application was insufficent. They wanted to know all the schools I attended, all the jobs I ever held, all the addresses I ever lived at, etc. I had a deadline of sending in the application on April 10, 2008. I mailed it out on April 2, 2008, bought postage, and send it with the all information requested so it could get there in three days. Then I get another letter saying that my application is no longer in their office. Does anyone know what the process to appeal this? I want to pay any more money and stand in long lines for this passport. Please assist. Thank you in advance.

>Moved from Feedback<
    This wanted to verify my identity which I have no problem with. The problem I have is I sent in the requested documentation before the due date and now they are saying I have to reapply again. Do you know if there is an appeal process?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Appeal process is different by categories. To be able to answer this question, you need to provide more info:

Were you born USC? Or naturalized?
    Is this your first passport? Or renewal?
    Did you owe child support or restitution?
    etc.

Apr 24, 2008, 09:28 PM
    I am a U.S. citizen.
    This is my first passport.
    I don't owe any child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese passport Application Form [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to obtain a passport application form, electronically, without having to visit the embabsy in London? I have a portuguese passort and need to apply for one for my spouse.

Potuguese Passport Application [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help. I am wanting to apply for a portuguese passport and need info on how to do so. I am of South African origin living in the uk indefinitely, on a south african passport, my father is the same except that he has a british passport by marriage. My grandfather was portuguese, born...

Portuguese passport application [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goan friend resident in Goa who qualifies for a Portuguese passport as per your Sticky. I notice that you say applications should go through the nearest consulate. I'm told this can take years. She has previously travelled to the UK so, presumably she could enter Portugal. Question... If...

View more questions Search