Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taza Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2005, 11:27 AM
    Washer stops after a few minutes
    We just moved our Kenmoore washer for recarpeting and now the washer will not rinse. Before it worked without any problems. When we load it up and set it to wash, before it reaches to Rinse/Spin, it stops. It seems it can not drain the water for it to rinse.

Please help :(

Thanks!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2005, 11:40 AM
    In moving it, you may have disturbed some foreign material that is now blocking part of it. You need to open the cabinet up and check around the motor and transmission. On some of them, you remove 2 screws holding the control panel, tilt it back and remove a clip on each side. The top, front and both sides will then pull off. Clean out anything you find. Also look for loose wires. Put it back together and make sure it is level. Post back if that doesn't work.

Jul 11, 2005, 01:40 PM
    Checked for loose wiring and anything else that seemed out of place but still does not work!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2005, 02:53 PM
    The timer could be bad. They are expensive and a pain to trouble shoot. Does the dial reach the end of the wash cycle, or stop part way? I think the timer should stop at the end of the wash cycle and turn on the pump, and wait for the water level to drop, and then restart and advance to spin. You need to check the diagram and identify which wires should be hot where it stops, and check them. The timer could be OK, and one of the windings in the motor bad or a solenoid. If a wire that should be hot, isn't, it is the timer. If the wire is hot, but the component it goes to isn't working, the component is bad.
    ORfann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2005, 10:30 PM
    Washer stops after a few minutes
    Taza, I hope this reply isn't too late to (possibly) help you. My washer also wouldn't drain, and the problem turned out to be the sensor activated by closing the lid, which prevents the washer from spinning with the lid open and removing someone's arm. The bracket holding the sensor up against the washer cabinet had broken, and the lid could no longer depress it enough to allow the machine to drain. I tried holding it up with duct tape, and it worked for awhile, but eventually my husband had to buy the whole unit because they don't sell just the bracket. It wasn't overly expensive and it was fairly easy to replace.

Sep 6, 2005, 12:03 PM
    Washer already junked :(
    Thanks for your help!
    I had also thought in that direction but after checking the wiring and all, which seemed fine I scraped the washer and ended buying a new one after the heaps of clothes kept growing bigger :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer Stops Spinning and Smells Like Smoke! [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older (1970's) Maytag washer that has an intermittent problem where it stops during the spin cycle and then smells like burning metal. I am guessing it is a short somewhere?? Is there an easy way to check the wiring on this beast or any other ideas as to what the problem may be? ...

Hot water runs out after 5-10 minutes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Need some assistance: I have a 30 gallon gas hot water heater about 10 yrs old with copper plumbing and after taking the shower for 5-10 minutes, there is no more hot water. What are some of the possible causes & fix? Thank you, Matt

'90 Civic Stops Then Doesn't Crank for 15 Minutes [ 3 Answers ]

My 1990 manual transmission Honda Civic Lx has recently developed a random problem. It starts fine (both cold and hot) but it randomly quits running while on the road i.e.. The motor just dies (not on every trip). When I go to start it the indicator lights come on but it won't crank or even...

Page cannot be displayed after 3 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Win 98se , 256mb, sys rec @ 85% free, cable , router, IE 6.0 version 6.0.2800.1106 When online, after about 5 minutes my browser seems to die. Im still online, outlook will come up and send email successfully, and if I'm playing a game, I can play all night, as long as I don't close it...

Disconnection after 15 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Hay; From few days I have a disconnection problem I did'nt understand what is the problem in my system let me known the symptoms of a modem failur. I have d815 mother board with 1.2 ghz intel processor And a 56k support modem please answere me.

View more questions Search