Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yardman User Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2005, 02:42 PM
    MTD Mower stops
    The transmission drive belt keeps coming off my MTD Yardman Lawn Tractor--I called customer service--of course they told me to take it to an authorized dealer--yeah, right--anyone else having that problem --or have a suggestion?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2005, 03:31 PM
    It should have little tabs that are mounted to the frame, and are bent close to the belt to help keep it from popping off... how old is it? Anyway mtd won't help you by much more then what they told you...

Oct 14, 2005, 05:21 PM
    Mtd
    The belt slipped off several times --we changed all the belts--and I mowed last week and all was well. I tried to mow today and the belt came off twice. I don't remember seeing any tabs--I bought it from a family member--I believe it is 2001--42" deck. Is there a clue to age in the model number--13AF608G062. My brother-in-law will help me tomorrow--Thank you for replying so quickly--I will ask him about the tabs--alot of the other beltways--have posts--I assume to keep the belts in line. I have the owners manual in my computer --I'll check and see if there is anything missing which should hold the belt on--thanks

Oct 15, 2005, 06:10 PM
    MTD Yardman
    Thanks anyway guys--had to buy an idler pulley--for transmission belt--once we determined problem--easy to solve--

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace squeals but then stops [ 5 Answers ]

The past several months my forced air furnace would all of a sudden start making this high pitched chirping sound and then get even louder throughout the night. When we would shut it off it would squeal until it shut off completely making us think it was a belt. We had used wd-40 and it seems to...

92 Honda suddenly stops [ 2 Answers ]

The problem with this car is driving me crazy. Car starts I am driving for a while and just stops. One time it happened at a red light another time while I was driving. When it stops the radio is still playing, I can use the hazzard lights but the power stearing is out. After a while, it starts...

Well water stops then goes [ 5 Answers ]

When I turn on my water it starts to come out then no water then the water comes out slow till it reaches full pressure I changed the pressure switch my other one was bad now I have this problem could it be a bad pressure switch (I got it at home depot) or could it be the air in the tank what...

Water stops then starts [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: just recently when I have been taking a shower the water pressure slowly dies out until the water becomes just a trickle for about 2 minutes and then the pressure kicks bak in and the water returns to normal pressure. This has been happening more and more lately. It also happens in the...

Well Pump stops working [ 4 Answers ]

Anything to do with plumbing is my worst area to deal with. Twice in the past week our Goulds above ground jet pump suddenly stops it's on and off cycling while running the water and the water quickly ran to a trickle and stopped. After about 2 minutes it suddenly started again, but with spurts of...

View more questions Search