Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mustang11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Trane heating and air
    Sometimes all 5 burners will light and heat will come on sometimes they won't light and heat will not come on
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Is your furnace a newer one with a forced draft and control board? If so, it will not proceed to ignition and the gas valve opening until the pressure switch signals the board the draft blower is running. Check the blower and the pressure switch.

If the gas comes on, and goes off in a few seconds, it is the flame detector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane Air Condition circuit breakers trips [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Trane Air Condition that refuses to run more that 10 minutes without tripping the circuit breaker when tempertures are below 32 degs. I read that at low tempertures, more features are needed to keep the heat up. Operation of these features seems to overload the circuit. There must be a...

Buzzing relay with Trane Cebtarl Air unit [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Trane Central Air unit (model BLU0682L942A) which recently went out on us. Nothing worked … no AC … no heat … no fan. I replaced the transformer and then the relay (S87R-1079-1). I believe everything is correctly wired. I don't have a wiring diagram for the unit. I tested the...

Replacement motor for Trane air handler [ 1 Answers ]

The motor in one of my 35-year old Trane air handlers recently Blew. It looked quite old. I figured it would be easy to replace It just by matching the specs. Unfortunately the new Motor runs for 10-15 minutes, then it stops for 15 minutes, Then it starts again. I suspect the thermal...

Heating and air [ 1 Answers ]

How do I rewire a furnace so that the air works the blower

Carrier heating/air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

We have a carrier gas furnace which is only about 5yrs old. The fan is not turning on the unit outside and it has begun making a loud noise but its working fine as far as heating the house. What could be the problem and would it cost a lot to fix. Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search