Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Teresa Dominguez Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 05:25 PM
    High Blood Pressure
    I was told that by drinking a class of red wine helps lower your bloods pressure, is that true, if so, which red wines are the sweetest and taste more like fruit?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
    While studies vary according to who does the particular study, it is recommended that no more than 10 ounces of red wine should be consumed in a day.

I'm not a wine drinker myself so I really cannot recommend one. Maybe Curlyben can recommend a good wine.

Now, mind you, wine is not recommended for lowering your blood pressure if indeed you have HTN (hypertension). If you do indeed have high blood pressure, you are best to visit your health care provider for care since many organs can be damaged by high blood pressure.
    DoctorK Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Medical guidelines in the United Kingdom state that postmenopausal women never might think that light drinking would benefit their health and this is specially true regarding the blood pressure levels. The only proper way to treat hipertension is by seeking adequate medical advice. Nevertheless, red wine has some efect in a series of genes that could represent some advantage in selected patients but more studies are required to have definitive recommendations to the general population

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High Blood Pressure [ 7 Answers ]

Hello My boyfriend has high blood pressure and is very tired all the time. Is this normal?

Blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im Julia My queston is, My bp is out of controal its 199/120 right now and I take 12 bp meds a day . Can anyone help before I have a stroke:eek: :eek:

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search