Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    softballsam Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Verifying that the ring is 14K gold?
    I have a ring that I was told it was 14K white gold, but there is no 14K marked in ring. There is a 585 marking on the inside of the ring. Is this another marking that us here in the states do not know about? Or did I get scammed? Please someone tell me something.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 07:47 AM

14K gold is marked 585 for 58.5% gold.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 09:59 AM

And when in doubt, at least in the US, take it to any corner pawn shop and they can check it for you.
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 04:30 AM
    Purity of gold is measured in terms of Karat. Karat weight tells us the amount of real gold present in the alloy.

24 karat means the alloy is 100% gold.
    Similarly, 22 Karat refers to 91.7% gold
    And 14 carat is 58.5% gold.

Hence its 585 mark.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hallmark on gold ring [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a gold/diamond ring in Greece (highly recommended jeweller). The ring is 18ct yellow gold with a 1ct diamond. When I returned to England, an English jeweller confirmed that the ring was genuine. I now want to sell the ring. Do I need to get the ring hallmarked, is this even possible? If...

Mark on gold ring , is it really gold? [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a "gold" ring that was advertised as 10K gold but upon receipt I find that the mark is not exactly 10K. It has what looks to be a capital U with what looks to be an arrow passing horizontally through it from left to right, but the arrow tip is not visible, only the arrow "tail", It is...

Marking on a gold ring [ 1 Answers ]

My husband just bought me this ring overseas: it has 3 different markings on it... FU 750 (which I believe is 18k gold) but what is FU? S0 25 D0 25 The ring is white gold band with what we believe is sapphires and diamonds.

Gold ring [ 1 Answers ]

I got a gold ring give to me and it has number on the inside I know that it is quite old can eny body tell me what it means the numbers are (5316)

View more questions Search