Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 28, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Antique Vehicals
    I really need help pricing some antique vans trucks and tractors that I have on my property.

My grandfather just moved to Oregon and left his house to me along with all of his “projects” I want to sell them but I have no clue about how to price them. I don't even know the years of them…. I have pictures and I am looking for someone that might be able to help me.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Jun 28, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Post the pictures on this site. I'm sure there will be plenty of enthusiastists who can name either the make, model or year of the vehicles. There are sites on the web that deal with valuing these type of things. Local car clubs may point you in the right direction too.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 28, 2008, 05:35 PM
    I am in agreement that some of us old dudes might recognize some of them. As for value, that is just whatever the market will bring. However, if you can identify them, that is the place to start.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 06:00 PM
    yes, find out the years and types, some models will have a lot of value, others while popular, like model A are nice but project cars don't have that high of value.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 28, 2008, 06:41 PM
    This is the link to my photo bucket page that has all the "projects" that I am considering selling. You can click on any of the images to enlarge them. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Victoria_mitchell/CarsTrucksVans - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 08:06 PM
    The one (rusty) looks like a model T

Oldtimer
    Attached Images

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Yes it does, the first one, is familiar, just can't place it.
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 08:28 PM
    A lot of it looks like antique farm tractors and farm equipment, etc...
    antique farm tractor - Google Image Search
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 28, 2008, 10:36 PM
    Te delivery van is an International Harvester. I can't hazard a guess as to the year, however the headlights and turn signals make me think post WWII. Not much earlier than that, I wouldn't think. I think the tractor is a cle-trac, made by clede tractor company. I googled it and found a manual for the model 12-20 I think the Dodge van may be 1940's by the style emblem.

I am sorry about your grandpa. I know he would like to have given you all the info himself.

Jun 30, 2008, 04:40 AM
    This is a 1964 International.
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 04:44 AM
    Here are some links that might help
    Classic Trucks - Vintage Trucks - Classic Truck Information, Reviews, Photos, Ads, Discussion

Classic Cars, Antique Cars, Vintage Cars and Used Cars For Sale

Yahoo! Search - Image Search

Yahoo! Image Search Results for antique harvester tractor

Also check with convenience stores, often they have a rack with car magazines for sale some have antique and classic car magazines

Jun 30, 2008, 05:16 AM
    I could be wrong but I think the crawler tractor may be a 1936 20-C Cletrac. I have seen one on the net that sold fully restored for $6,000.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 03:17 AM
    Thank you for the images of them, but would you also be able to describe the condition that each of them is in?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have an Antique if so what is it worth [ 8 Answers ]

I think I have some antiques but I'm not sure. I have a set of black cast iron hitching post horse heads. Its just the heads not the post. Are they antique? I also have a set of Red Game cock rosters liq. Bottle collectibles. On the bottom it has Heritage China 1970 S.N-7 Ezra Brooks. Are they...

Antique Watch [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of a watch brand named "Emel"? I have an antique watch from my grandma that is of good quality gold. The name on the face reads EMEL. Now I know there is a famous watch maker named Ebel... and I'm certain my watch says EMEL. I have done searches online and have not come up...

Antique clocks [ 6 Answers ]

hello I have a waterbury flamingo clock would like to know age and value if possible.:)

Antique iron bed [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has an old iron bed in her basement. It is simply made. The head board is round with flat spindles and higher than the foot board. There is no ornamentation on it. I think one might call austere?? Can anyone tell me what it might be worth? :) :) thanks

Antique Finish [ 4 Answers ]

I want to re-varnish my bedroom furniture. Would like to have it antique white. Not sure how to go about to get that finish. HELP!

View more questions Search