Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Atom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2006, 08:05 AM
    Eye colour
    Hello,

I have unusual eye colour of the Iris, my eyes are brown around the pupil but the rest of the iris is blue, does anyone know what this eye type is called and why I have this unusual eye type?
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 4, 2006, 08:09 AM
    Ummm You answered this question yourself in this post https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...our-27213.html and I gave a little more detail. Wondering why you would post the same question twice?
    Atom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2006, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy69
    Ummm You answered this question yourself in this post https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...our-27213.html and I gave a little more detail. Wondering why you would post the same question twice?
    I do appoligise, I was looking for a yes or no answer to the Heterochromia question. Are you saying that I have Heterochromia?
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 4, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Again if you will view your first post and the link I posted, you will find that yes, it is called sectoral heterochromia iridis :)
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Aug 11, 2006, 09:02 PM
    Mine are like that too. The center around the pupil is yellow and the rest is blue. My fiancé calls the yellow rings my "ring of mischief". :P
    ohthequestionsihave Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Atom
    Hello,

I have unusual eye colour of the Iris, my eyes are brown around the pupil but the rest of the iris is blue, does anyone know what this eye type is called and why i have this unusual eye type?
    In ten words or less, when you where born your "egg" got a bit of your moms traits and fathers. [obviously] but their eye colors where both well, inherited by you. Creating your unusual color, you usually have odd shaped pupils when this happens.
    jumana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 11:19 PM
    I have a nine years old son, he was born with blue eyes, and they stayed blue till one year old, then they turned green tiil three years old, then gradually they stated to get darker, and now he has brown eyes, how could this happen?
    faitu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 12:19 PM
    It is not sectoral heterochromia. The brown area is in both eyes and in it all around the pupil, not in some specific sector of the iris. The truth is that your eyes are perfectly normal, there is nothing to worry about. I've already seen several blue/green eyes with yellow/brown rings around the pupil, I myself own a pair of these, as well as most of my mother-side relatives.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 02:44 AM
    Please only post your question once. Unfortunately I could not merge posts because only one was in my section.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kittens eye colour [ 2 Answers ]

My two kittens are 10 weeks old. When will their permanent eye colour be established?

Dress Colour for Hair Colour? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, my name's Michelle, and I have no idea what colour dress looks good on me. I have long (longer than shoulder-length) straight blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. I'm tanned, but not too tanned, and I'm average weight. I was wondering if there's any colour scheme or something to figure out what...

Need some help with hair colour. [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair about 8 weeks ago with loreal feria 3D colour ( No45 French Roast) Dark Golden Brown to get highlights out of my hair which worked fine but the colour has faded a little but hair is still quite browny/gingery, I wanted to know what colour I could use to tone down the redness as I'm...

Eye colour [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an interesting question for you, I have blue and brown eyes, the irises are brown in the middle around the pupils and the rest of the iris is light blue. I have been told that this is Heterochromia, is this correct? The colours are very distinct as the brown is just as evident as...

Period colour [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering if there anyone out there with the same problem I have or even if it's a problem. For the last year or so when a get my periods they are a bright red colour just like as if I slit my finger they have never normaly been this bright red colour more a brown / redcolour is this...

View more questions Search