Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hondaex1993 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 05:48 PM
    1993 honda crank sensor location
    1993 Honda civic ex 2 door automatic. I was driving down the road and my car shuts off. Before all this my car has been misfiring. The car turns over but acts like its out of gas. My gas is going threw so its not my pump. Im not getting any spark threw my spark plugs. I replaced though coil and distrib. And nothing. What do I do now? PLACE HELP!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 05:58 PM

If the CEL comes on and goes out after 2 seconds, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), then the problem is distributor-related. Frequently, the problem is with the Ignition Control Module (ICM). Here's how to replace it:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Over 50% of new aftermarket distributors for Hondas haven't worked at AMHD. If the ICM doesn't solve the problem, install a genuine Honda distributor housing and reuse your new aftermarket ICM and coil. Aftermarket ICMs and coils are fine, but the distributor housings are lousy. They can't seem to get the internal sensors right (CKP, CYL, and TDC).
    hondaex1993 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 03:48 PM

What is the CEL? I'm a woman I have no clue.. haha
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2010, 05:04 PM

Check Engine Light (CEL)--yellow dash light that comes on for 2 seconds, when you first turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why will my 1993 honda civic not crank after it gets hot? [ 7 Answers ]

It runs fine until it gets hot and then it will turn over but not crank. Its getting fuel and spark. I've changed the fuel main relay, the ignition modual. Help!

Crank angle sensor location on a 2001 nissan frontier v6 4x4 supercharger? [ 0 Answers ]

Computer code says there is a faulty crank angle sensor... trying to locate and replace.

Crank sensor location [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the crank sensor located on a '94 honda civic dx 1.5l

My 1993 honda want crank what could it be? [ 1 Answers ]

My fuel pump want come on but if I hot wire it will come on what could it be ?

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

View more questions Search