Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southpointes Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2006, 04:06 AM
    Who is most likely to win the 2006 world cup?
    Well my team is Argentina but I can't help to see what a team Brazil has come up with in this world cup. First let me add that anything is possible and even ghana can win(not likely). Anyway, I think Brazil has the best team ever possibly made. Their defense consist of Cafu, Cicinho, Edmilson, Gilberto, Juan Lucio, Roberto Carlos, and Roque Junior. Now that is some defense, just lucio alone can take an arsenal. Cafu can run for 90 min up and down the field without ever stopping for a usual sip of water. Cicinho and Roberto Carlos, Do I need to keep going? Now let's take a look at the midfielders: Emerson, Gilberto Silva, P.Juninho, Kaká, Renato Ze Roberto. Kaka is the kid you want to concentrate your eyes on. We have some talent on this kid. And last are the Forwards: Adriano, Julio Baptista, Ricardo Oliveira, Robinho, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho. This is where the problem is, there is not a single player on that list that can miss a goal if the ball was given to any one of them. Adriano's power in his kick is just jaw breaking. They clocked it at more than 80 miles an hour, more than the top speed of what we usually drive in a car. Robinho is being said to lead where ronaldo will leave off. This young kid is going to be the next ronaldo, say no more. Ronaldinho, well, this is the best player in the world right now and he is not going anywhere, period. And Ronaldo is injured from what I heard but, this is not a problem to Brazil as you can see their lineup. I just hope he doesn't miss it and be ready to kick some ball. If any of you guys think that Brazil doesn't have what it takes to bring the trophy home for the 6th time, then I suggest to the other teams to be ready and come prepare to play 150% just to make this happen.
    May the best team win!!
    jasandav Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2006, 02:49 PM
    Well I'm sure brazil will get plenty of help again from referees, probably down to the fact that they have a huge sponsorship deal with a well known sports brand...
    Football fixed? Of course it is...
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 26, 2006, 03:23 PM
    Brazil or germany maybe england if rooney + gerard stay fit
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 03:42 PM
    Wow.

The only time Canada ever played in this World Cup was in 1986 and we didn't even make it past the 1st round!

Based on the fact that Brazil has won it twice and been to the last 3 championships, I would put my money on Brazil winning it this year.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 26, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Brazil used to be a safe bet but not so sure this time around !

Jan 26, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Nor me

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nwsflash again.

Still??
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 26, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Southpointes, yes, team Brazil is really good. Team Brazil and team Argentina are the undisputed kings of South American soccer/football. It would be interesting to watch these 2 teams face each other once again.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 26, 2006, 03:53 PM
    LoL manu

I would not back France either unless the game is already won before kick off, Germany also used to be a sure bet before Brazil became like the "Big Dog" of football ! Hey you may even see England do it for a change

Jan 26, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Lol the odds of england winning must be as high as sven staying until 2008!
    southpointes Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jan 26, 2006, 10:22 PM
    The referees don't favor Brazil, who that hell told you that jasandav? If there is any team that the refs will favor which I don't think its going to happen is going to be Germany because we're playing there but come on look at the team and their statistics and then post a comment as stupid as that one. Now, the refs have taken away some goals before from other teams in world cups like in 2002 with Spain and Portugal but other than that, there is no favorism. England will have to play with 20 men in order to win this world cup. Italy is coming strong and France too but still no chance against Brazil. Good luck to the rest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sunset nov 4, 2006 [ 1 Answers ]

What time does the sun set on November 4th, 2006 in jacksonville fl?

World Cup 2006 [ 32 Answers ]

Now that the first round is over, we on the 16th round. I would LOVE for england to win it.. I'm a BIG fan, have always been, but their football tactics surprise me sometimes (but not in a good way :mad: ). Who do you think will become world cup champions 2006? Or you do you think will play...

Tax filing for 2006 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi: My husband and I came to the US on Sept2000 with an F1, and travel to Costa Rica (CR) every year for 20-30 days in dec/jan.Been filing married filing separate 1040NREZ as advised at my University.No treaty exists with CR so each of us only claim the standard deduction ($3200 for 2004).I will...

Do I really need to pay my tax from May 1st, 2006. [ 2 Answers ]

I came to USA with a H1B visa in May, 2005. Someone told me that person with H1B visa doesn’t pay the state and federal taxes at the first three years. But the director of Human Resources in my center told me that I will have to start paying federal and state taxes on May 1st. Can you help me and...

2006 Bmw R1200rt [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the best price on a new or demonstrator 2005-2006 BMW R1200RT motorcycle. I want to know if someone can tell me what dealer invoice is on one. It's a great bike, but, I do want to save as much as possible when I purchase it. Looking... Will

View more questions Search