Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radzee Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 10:08 AM
    Hotmail account access
    After I sign out of my hotmail account I can log back in by using the History icon on my internet explorer. I do not have to enter the password to get back in. What do I do to correct this so I always need to enter my password.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2006, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by radzee
    After I sign out of my hotmail account I can log back in by using the History icon on my internet explorer. I do not have to enter the password to get back in. What do I do to correct this so I always need to enter my password.
    When you use the "Favourites" section it will save any page from the point you were at. So if you saved it whilst logged in, then you have nothing to worry about as effectively from any other computer you would have to put in your password.

The best thing to do is to save the hotmail login page to your "Favourites" that way you will always have to put your username and password in.
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 25, 2006, 12:37 PM
    When you press F5 or try and read/delete a message etc it will ask you for a password that is just probably the cached version
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 25, 2006, 03:28 PM
    Sign Out
    Quote Originally Posted by manutd4eva
    when you press F5 or try and read/delete a message etc it will ask you for a password that is just probably the cached version
    You should try and hit the log off(sign out) icon in hotmail to ensure that your logging out of your email account. If you don't do this before the system times you out it will allow you back into your mail account as the cookies and that will still be active.:)
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

Jan 25, 2006, 11:25 PM
    Also if you clear your Cookies, next time you login into your Hotmail Account you can select the last option which ask you for a password and your email address every time you login.

fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Hi,
    Very good suggestions you have received!
    Another one is:
    At any website, click on Tools at the top, then click on Internet Options.
    Then click on the Content tab. Then click on the AutoComplete button near bottom right.
    Left click on any checked squares under "Use AutoComplete for", to uncheck them. Then click on Clear Forms.
    Click on Ok.
    When you sign back into Hotmail, do not click on the "Remember me".
    You can also delete History with just two clicks, clean out junk files, temp files, remove old Registry entries not needed, with a great, free program, Ccleaner.
    I use it, and it does a better jobs of cleaning (deleteing) stuff than windows Disk Cleaner.
    It's at:
    Hppt://www.ccleaner.com
    I do wish you the best.
    wasifkhan74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 04:33 AM
    I have been using my hotmail account for many years but I forget password and my secret question and also I haven't add alternate email account what should I do to get mail address password.
    Please help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotmail and msn access [ 3 Answers ]

can anyone help me? I have tried to sign in to my hotmail account and msn messenger and each time I do it says" signing in (attempt 2,3,4,5) we can not sign you in, there may be a problem with your internet service or our service." It also tells me to try again later. I have not been able to sign...

Hotmail [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Recently when I try to go to Homail, I get asked for my Id and password and then I get taken to my inbox directly. I don't want this! I want to go to Hotmail and then click on sign in and then enter my Id and then my password. Just like I'd do before. How do I do this? Thanks

Hotmail Account Hijacked [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya All Got a horrible problem, cannot get into my hotmail.com address, Hotmail .co.uk is OK. Am I right in thinking I've been hijacked, and if so is there any way I can retrieve all the stuff I've got in that account? Done what I can think of. Ad-Aware, Spybot, scanned with AVG free, plus House...

Hotmail account [ 11 Answers ]

Hello my friends , How are all here ? I wish all are very good , I have question and I wish some body here help me , my email is stolen many time ago May be 1 month and I can't return it , but all my message s and mailes there so pleaz help me My email is So...

Cannot Access Hotmail [ 1 Answers ]

February 23, 2003 Dear Sir Madam I should be pleased for your assistance I cannot access my hotmail account directly Whenever I sign in , I get the message this page cannot be displayed. I can however access hotmail through outlook express. I browse and surf the internet without any...

View more questions Search