03/08/2002 $1=1.1414135407 Euro
    03/08/2008 $1= .64864 Euro
    It's 176% devaluating for six years:confused: :confused: :confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2008, 03:36 PM
    and it is going to get worse.
    Our government has devalued the dollar by being so in debt
    and they are printing money 'over the amount' that we have had standard for how much money to print.
    In other words like if the standard is to print xx billion of dollars per year,
    and they now can not survive on xx amount of dollars they simply print out an excess
    and that devalues our money.
    Sort of like gold is valuable because it is more scarce than dirt.
    Dirt is not so valuable since it can be found anywhere.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 01:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    and it is going to get worse
    N0help4u,don't you think it is N0help4us:D
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 12:09 PM
    I know it is like putting a Johnson & Johnson bandaid on a shattered leg!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GV70
    03/08/2002 $1=1.1414135407 Euro
    03/08/2008 $1= .64864 Euro
    It's 176% devaluating for six years. What exactly happened?
    Hello GV:

A tax cut happened at the same time we embarked on two costly wars. Then we borrowed to pay for 'em causing massive deficits. We had an oil crisis, but nobody did anything about it except to sell gas guzzlers. We had a mortgage industry that had no controls on it and it went bust taking a lot of homeowners and banks along with it. That caused the stock market to crash, so the Fed slashed interest rates. Nobody wants to hold dollars if the interest rate on 'em sucks, so there was a massive sale causing the dollar to plunge.

Hence; 176% depreciation rate over six years.

Gold and silver, along with oil and the other commodities appreciated proportionately to the drop in the dollar.

That's exactly what happened. Buy Gold.

excon
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Ex is right.
    With the homeowners thing the liberals cried discrimation so the mortgage industry was forced to give loans to people they knew couldn't afford it.

Buy Gold is right.
    I heard a long time ago in the prophesies I heard in the 70's that by 2009-2010 the stock market was going to crash and it would be worse than the depression so have your savings converted to silver or gold before then.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 11:55 PM
    One point of view more-
    $ lost his power in Europe.East Europe joined to the EU and $ stopped to be an international currency.Hundred billions $ became redundant.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Hello again, GV:

It should be noted, that the lower dollar is not an accident. It's by design. The believers in this suicidal thinking, such as BOB MCTEER, the recently retired president of the Dallas Fed, believe that a lower dollar will increase our exports (our goods ARE cheaper by 167%), and that increase will prevent us from going into recession. He says, “I prefer a strong dollar for eternity, but right now I feel about the dollar what St. Augustine felt about chastity. To paraphrase his notorious prayer, "Lord, make our dollar strong, but not just yet."

And, these guys are running things... Buy more gold.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could it have happened? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I've recently started taking YAZ, a birth control pill, and here lately I've noticed an outrageous increase in vaginal discharge. Not to be gross but when I wipe it just kind of drips a bunch of mucus and its really stretchy. I've only missed one dose and had intercourse during that time. Plus...

What happened? [ 5 Answers ]

Please help me and not put me down. I am already there. Our 15 yr. old daughter has been lying so much and become untrusting in the last 6 months. She lies and tells people we beat her daily and she has two children, etc. These are not little white lies here. She now says she is a lesbian (which...

Has this happened to anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 24 yr old female and I had unprotected sex on Wednesday 4th 2007 and I was becoming fertile on Friday 6th 2007 and was ovulating on 9th April 2007. Has this happened to anyone else and had gotten pregnant on a unfertile day? My cycle is thirty five days. I have been off the pill for nine...

What happened? [ 2 Answers ]

I met a great guy when I moved in my new town. He was a breath of fresh air. We immediately connected and everything was great. Well he has 2 children who live 2 hours away. He has always struggled about being so far away. Well a year and 9 months went on with him just visiting home to see the kids...

What happened? [ 4 Answers ]

What happened to Valinorsorrow?

View more questions Search