Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OldBrickBuilding Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Resurfacing Old Brick Building
    I own and old brick building that has considerable damage. The bricks have been painted over, siding had been installed and ripped off, and a bad gutter system has eroded the brick. I am considering covering the building in a textured concrete finish but don't know if that would add to the long list of stupid things that people have done to the building. What do you suggest I do. The building is in a historic part of town and I want it to look appealing but also still hold some history in aesthetically speaking. Any help would be great.
    FRANCIE1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 07:37 PM
    How Do I Remove Paint From Brick
    FRANCIE1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 07:37 PM
    How Do I Remove Paint From Brick?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 12, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Power washer will help remove loose paint and once the water gets behind the rest of the paint it will also come off. It is easier to cover this over than try to remove every bit of paint. You might also consider sand blasting the remainder of the paint after the pressure wash.

This is a lot of work!!
    keithokeito Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
    The Outside Area Of My Foundation Wall Which Was Already Finish And Painted Is Now Full Of Chips And Peel And Loosks Very Ugly. How Do It Smooth It Of With New Cement And Paint
    nellieby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 10:16 AM
    There is a business called Nawkaw Corporation which is specialized in brick restoration which might cost you less than replacing or covering the brick.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 02:55 PM

Hi nellieby Welcome to the site. I wanted to point out you answered a question from April 27, 2007. Look at the dates left of the box to see how recent the thread was posted.

Again Not a big deal. Been there myself when I started posting.

Welcome aboard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brick mortar [ 3 Answers ]

Had brick work done. Could not be there at the time. The mortar used is darker than the rest of the mortar on the house, which is white Question is, how can I lighten the darker mortar. Thanks Bill

Recycling Brick [ 1 Answers ]

We are thinking about adding an addition onto our 1929 brick house. We would like to recycle the brick. What is the best method to accomplish this goal and reuse the brick on the addition?:eek:

Brick Walls [ 1 Answers ]

HELLO, I recently bought home that has brick foundation what type of mortar can I used so it could look good. Thank you

Asphalt Driveway Resurfacing [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought a house and the driveway has some cracks and when the delivery trucks came they damaged the driveway (gouges and when it was hot one day the tire indented the asphalt). The repair guy said the asphalt is tennis court grade, not commercial grade, which is why it is so soft. He...

Cracks in brick [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new homeowner and have a concern about some cracks I have seen in our bricks. We have a split foyer home so the top half of the house is siding and the bottom half is brick. I have noticed that several bricks have a small hairline crack down the middle. The crack is only in an individual...

View more questions Search