Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaykaykay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Roll Top Desk
    How does one unlock the drawers? The rolltop lock does not function and the drawers on the left are open. The locking mechanisms are spring loaded hooks that hook over the back of the drawers when they are closed.

How do I get the right drawers open?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2006, 03:25 PM
    I first thought of a Dremel attachment but I can't think of a tip that will be long enough and cut the way you need it... so if I'm picturing it correctly, then I think a hacksaw blade ought to do it.

Get yourself a hacksaw blade and handle like this:

You should be able to slip it in the crack and saw right through the hooks.

Based on what you're seeing, would that work?
    ssauer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Another thought... try to figure out how they built it and take it apart to the point of the lock install.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roll-up Cigarettes [ 9 Answers ]

I have been smoking roll-ups for about three years now. I find that I don't have any breathing problems or heart problems so I was wondering if manufactured cigarettes have something in them that make you ill, compared to roll-ups which are just tobacco and paper.

Help Desk [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I have an interview this coming Friday for the position of Help Desk, just wondering what questions do you think will be asked by the interviewer.. Thanks

401K roll-over question [ 4 Answers ]

I requested that my 401k from my former employer be sent to my 401k at my new employer. The old 401k company mailed the check to me although I had given explicit instructions to send the check to the new 401k company. The check is made payable to "New 401k company FBO 'my name'. Can this...

401K - to roll or cash [ 1 Answers ]

When I received notification of my QDRO back in 2000 I chose to put it into a 401K with the option (so I thought) of receiving a monthly payment once I reached a certain age. But not being 100% sure, I called the Benefits Office earlier this week and found out that I can 'cash it in' or roll it...

Pay roll run [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Thanks for your previous reply. This question is also for Atlana Tax expert. I have a question regarding runnning the payroll. In the H-1B documents and offer letter from employer says that he will offer me say 50K per annum and I work for 9 months and already got paid 60K and was on bench for...

View more questions Search