Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bobbye Posts: 41, Reputation: 4

Nov 21, 2005, 03:35 PM
    What Must I Do To Be Saved?
    (1) What is the first step to Salvation?

(2) What are your beliefs (based upon The Bible) regarding Salvation?

(3) Do you believe in the eternal security of the believer (keeping in mind that Salvation is based upon the finished work at Calvary; not upon what man can or can't do, due to human frailties)?

(4) If you do not believe in eternal security, do you believe in "losing your Salvation" or do you believe only others "lose their Salvation" when you see them overtaken in a fault?

(5) Is there a subsequent experience AFTER SALVATION concerning The Holy Spirit?

PLEASE KEEP YOUR RESPONSES SIMPLE, BASING THEM UPON ONLY ONE OR TWO SCRIPTURES, IF POSSIBLE.

PLEASE BE COURTEOUS IN YOUR RESPONSES TO OTHERS. Please number your responses. Numbers make it easier to reconcile to the question.

Thanks.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Bobbye
    MaggieB Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 21, 2005, 07:41 PM
    What must I do to be saved?

(3) Do you believe in the eternal security of the believer (keeping in mind that Salvation is based upon the finished work at Calvary; not upon what man can or can't do, due to human frailties)?

(4) If you do not believe in eternal security, do you believe in "losing your Salvation" or do you believe only others "lose their Salvation" when you see them overtaken in a fault?

(5) Is there a subsequent experience AFTER SALVATION concerning The Holy Spirit?

Response:
    1) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved. Acts 16:31

2) They are close to 200 times in the NT that we read salvation is by "faith" alone, with no works in sight. If salvation were not by faith alone, then Jesus" message would be deceptive. I believe we are saved not by works, but by the kind of faith that produces works.

3) Yes.

4) I believe in eternal security that once a person execises saving faith in Jesus Christ, he or she is forever in the family of God. We are told that at the moment of salvation the Holy Spirit places us in the body of Christ and we are permanently sealed.

5) I believe there is as the Holy Spirit will not push himself on you but if you surrender to His will you will be empowered beyond belief and have abilities you never knew existed. This comes from my own experiences.

God bless,
    MaggieB
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2005, 08:03 PM
    It is really simple. It is sad Christians have killed each other over this. Read Second Ephesians 2:8-10.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2005, 05:50 AM
    To be Saved
    Hi,
    In the New Testament, it does say that repent, be baptized, and you will be saved.
    Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, as an example of what He wants us to do.
    I do wish you the best, and God bless you.
    realamerikan Posts: 3, Reputation: -1
    -

Nov 23, 2005, 04:43 AM
    In the Old Testament it was the Ten Commandments
    In the Gospal it was the Ten Commandments
    In the Koran it was the Ten Commandments

Lets see the Gospal; Jesus said, "Keep the commandments." The man says, "Which Ones?" (Matt. 19:18 KJV). Jesus recites the 10 commandments. (Mark 10:19 KJV).

There is none good but One, that is, God." (Mark 10:18) (Matt. 19:17).
    1. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. Thou shalt worship no other god
    2. You shall not make for yourself a graven image. You shall not bow down to them or serve them.

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
    4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    5. Honor your father and your mother.
    6. You shall not kill. (unless in defence against tyrants who do mischief in the land, or against the Talmud "oppresors")
    7. You shall not commit adultery.
    8. You shall not steal.
    9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    10. You shall not covet.

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord...

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.*

Jihad in the Old Testament;
    "All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman. (From the NIV Bible, 2 Chronicles 15:13)"

"Now kill all the boys [innocent kids]. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. (Numbers 31:17-18)"

It's odd how one of the 10 Commandments says "Thou shalt not kill (or murder). (Exodus 20:13)", and yet, the bible ordered the killing of innocent children and non-virgin girls by the mass!

Gen.35 [5] And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.

Lev.26 [16] I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror , consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Deut.34 [12] And in all that mighty hand, and in all the great terror which Moses shewed in the sight of all Israel.

Job.6 [4] For the arrows of the Almighty are within me, the poison whereof drinketh up my spirit: the terrors of God
    Jihad in the Gospals: Jesus
    "I say to you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away.* As for my enemies who do not want me to reign over them, bring them here and kill them in my presence" (Luke 19:26-27).

Do not think that I have come to send peace on Earth.* I did not come to send peace, but a sword.* I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" (Matthew 10:34-35).
    Ibn_Iblis Posts: 2, Reputation: 2
    -

Nov 23, 2005, 12:08 PM
    [Matthew 25:31] But when the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit on the throne of his glory: and before him shall be gathered all the nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats; and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? Or athirst, and gave thee drink? And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? Or naked, and clothed thee? And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry, and ye did not give me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not unto one of these least, ye did it not unto me. And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into eternal life.
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2005, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    In the New Testament, it does say that repent, be baptized, and you will be saved.
    Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, as an example of what He wants us to do.
    Yes, now do you understand what "repenting" and "baptism" mean?
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Nov 26, 2005, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn_Iblis
    [Matthew 25:31] But when the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit on the throne of his glory: and before him shall be gathered all the nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats; and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink? And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry, and ye did not give me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not unto one of these least, ye did it not unto me. And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into eternal life.

A timely reminder in a selfish world.

Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world

MORGANITE

:)

Nov 26, 2005, 07:21 AM
    What must I do to be saved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbye

PLEASE KEEP YOUR RESPONSES SIMPLE, BASING THEM UPON ONLY ONE OR TWO SCRIPTURES, IF POSSIBLE.

PLEASE BE COURTEOUS IN YOUR RESPONSES TO OTHERS. Please number your responses. Numbers make it easier to reconcile to the question.

Thanks.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Bobbye

Sorry, no time to answer by number. For now I will say that the answer to the question depends upon who it is that you ask, scripturally speaking. I would like to return to make more complete answer to your questions when my time permits, but it will take a mini essay.

MORGANITE

:)
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Nov 26, 2005, 08:10 AM
    You tell god you are really very sorry and you welcome him to your heart and try to behave yourself. And for those of you who think so no christians are not perfect. But some like to pretend they are so just do the best you can after that and live a good life. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to love god or to be saved either and its free.

Nov 26, 2005, 03:25 PM
    A rose by any other name
    Quote Originally Posted by U.S.SpecialForces834
    Can you kids drop your arab hatred around here, your making our job more difficult to tell who are the criminal haters here.

Polytheism is against the idea of ONE GOD, anyone who believes in more then one God is declaring racial ideology and does not want to mix up with others out of hatred when people are people and we all come in all colors, sizes and shapes

So if you guys want to use these forums to spread nazi like propaganda to post around lying then prepare yourselves for been charged with interfering in U.S. Military operations with the internet, your not gonna get away with starting your own little hate wars just because you can not live in the world with other people, we have jobs to do and you guys are not on our side.

Your man Adolph Hitler used to think certain people should die because he was a polytheists and refused to live under one God and mix up with people he called Vermin, the Jews.

So i don't care even if your Moderator here support this idea.

By the way, the ten commandments are in the Koran and there are also very good people who are muslims, much more then Sadams ex CIA killers.

http://www.submission.org/God/ten.html

The other guy is right, if your gonna lie you lost the game.

If you, actually believe that anything posted here has any impact on the real world, you are a lost soul. US Special Forces? LOL

The idea that polytheirm works against certain racial groups is a patent nonsense. Your hatred for Jews is noted, as is your affection for Hitler.

Why did you change your name when your 'style' and content expose you as naked as Adam with your Plutonian agenda?

Thanks for the laugh, but it wasn't necessary. Keep your bigotry in your bedroom.

MORGANITE

:eek:

Nov 26, 2005, 03:37 PM
    I don't understand. I don't hate anyone. I am of mixed race. Where did that dude come from any way?
    DAVE231 Posts: 91, Reputation: 9

Nov 26, 2005, 04:19 PM
    This is really heavy stuff Bob, But the clear answer to your first question "What is the first step to salvaton" lies in your beliefs and commitment to follow your chosen religion. No religion accepts killing, adultery, or hate for fellow human beings. Respect for life itself and all other peoples rights and religions should be taught in all places of worship. Religion is an unconditional belief in a divine power that loves mankind and expects you to live your life in an ethical and moral way. We've lost track of that. Not too much to ask for life on this Earth is it? All men need to adhere to their religious beliefs and act in a pious and godly manner. So many people deny the existence of the Lord today because of the evil that surrounds us. The first step to salvation lies deep within your soul. Be a simple kind of man and love thy neighbor. How can anyone denounce God and still have a tolerance for the decadent society we live in today? When I pray to my creator, I do not disrespect those who are of a different belief, I just hope that whatever religion they may practice will do the same. The United States of America is a sanctuary for religious beliefs, yet we have to fight to keep the word God in our culture. Your God, my God, it doesn't matter. Faith and religion will make all men humble and reverent. Remember Man That Thou Art Dust, and Unto Dust Thou Shall Return! Peace. DAVE.

Nov 26, 2005, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    ========.

Re the above by Fredg, Jesus was baptized according to the ritual of "The Molten Sea," as practiced in the Old Testament.

(1) First, "to fulfill all righteousnes." "Righteousness" of the Jewish Law.

(2) Secondly, The Priests were first washed and then anointed after being "washed" in the Molten Sea (a large partitioned vat in Solomon and Herod's Temple: one side was for the washing of the animals; the other side for the washing of the priests, who were subsequently anointed).

(3) Jesus fulfilled this requirements upon His baptism in the River Jordan: "He was first washed (baptized in the Jordan); and then The Holy Spirit lighted upon Him (His anointing) in the form of a dove! Immediately, he left the River Jordan to begin His earthly ministry; thus He was "washed and then anointed!"

However, Jesus never offered sacrifies as "Priest" upon earth. His "Priesthood" was completed when He offered "The Supreme Sacrifice" -- "His Body" -- to the Father as "the Sacrificial Lamb" (as was the custom in the outer court of The Tabernacle), and then sprinkled His SHED blood upon The Mercy Seat (just as Aaron the High Priest did in The Tabernacle in the Wilderness). The Blood of Jesus was "first shed" and then "sprinkled!"

"Without the shedding of blood there is no remission."

Blessings,
    bobbye

Nov 26, 2005, 05:57 PM
    Save me now
    I rate you 10 stars. Sorry my pop up blocker keep blocking me from rating.
    Katiy Posts: 56, Reputation: -3
    -

Nov 26, 2005, 10:52 PM
    If you read the bible, you may find salvation. It is better than living by bread alone. There are many cultures that exist by bread alone. If you can your way to salvation you are blessed.

Dec 17, 2005, 09:54 PM
    "What Must I Do To Be Saved?"
    Great thoughts, Katiy!

Merry Christmas.
    Bobbye

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saved By The Bell Trivia? [ 9 Answers ]

Haven't seen the show in ages but still remember episodes like yesterday. O.K. on with the trivia. 1. What actress played Schreeche's girlfriend Violet? 2. What was the name of the high school they all went to? 3. What was the Song Jessie Spanno sang in her room while she was addicted to...

Restoring saved files [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I backed up some Outlook Express email folders, but the program made me compact them first. I did, and saved them on a backup CD with the file extension dbx. How do I UN-compact them and get them back into Outlook Express where I can read them. excon

Saved Image name not shown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have XP windows - window explorer 6. ;) When I try to save image (in jpeg format), it saved,, but the name of the image does not appears (as it was not saved)... even the image is there still I can not see it. Other image format has no problem and the name of image is shown (only if...

Need help recovering saved game [ 1 Answers ]

I have been playing a snes rom on my PC called chrono trigger and I can't seem to load it anymore, I've been playing it for ages. Can anyone help me. I used to be able to click on my name and load it but the option is no longer there, I can only start from the beginning. Please help

CD-R I can't reopen any files saved on it. [ 3 Answers ]

I saved a ton of jpegs on a CD-R and I'm unable to access any of the files on the disc. I've been able to get to the files in the past, but some reason, now I can't. I've tried 3 different computers, even a Mac. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search