Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vice Commander Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2014, 05:26 PM
    In a 501c corp. are we allowed to invite the public for the purpose of fundraisi ie;
    In a 501c are we allowed to invite the public for the purpose of fund raising ie; lunches,open houses, barb-q
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 22, 2014, 07:54 PM
    In general, yes. What aspect of inviting the public to your fundraisers do you think might be a problem?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 23, 2014, 06:22 AM
    To properly answer this we need to know what type of 501(c) is it - it makes a difference whether this is a charity 501(c)(3), or a social club like a 501(c)(7). Also if the amount of fund raising from sales (such as a BBQ) exceeds "safe harbor" rules there can be sales tax and federal tax implications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex did not transfer all stock in close corp-still responsible corp debt? [ 0 Answers ]

I was to receive all stock in 2 closely held corps in div settlement.Years ago when we formed trusts we voided original 100 in his personal name, issued 2 new for 50 each to each of our trusts. He filed amended FA I never saw claiming owned 150 as he never signed bk of 100, claimed nonmarital, as...

Explain me the you.S Tax Terms (W2, 1099, Corp to Corp). [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, Could anyone please explain me what does these U.S Tax Terms (W2, 1099, Corp to Corp). Looking forward for a good explanation. Thanks, Sam.

Can a 501c (3) strictly provide resource information to the public? [ 5 Answers ]

Does a 501c (3) have to fundraise or receive donations and grant money to be tax exempt?

Me and my spouse own 100% of stock in my c corp. Can the corp pay us dividends? [ 0 Answers ]

Is it deductible to my corporation and how do I compute this number

Is sex offender off probation allowed in public schools in the state of Maryland [ 6 Answers ]

If a first time sex offender has been off probation for years and served his time for his crime, is allowed to attend his child's sports events in the child public school?

View more questions Search