Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarplum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 12:51 PM
    How to make them luster
    I was wondering what to use to clean my jewellery to make it luster, thanks.:p
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 2, 2006, 12:55 PM
    There's any number of jewelry cleaners on the market that will do exactly this.
    loverboy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 05:39 AM
    sugarplum if you are a real juicy plum try this, boil your jewellery for a few minutes in water with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda. Try to avoid commercial cleaners you have in shops especially for silver because it will make them tarnish more. Handy andy is a good silver cleaner.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Dec 17, 2006, 03:52 PM
    For any silver piece, there are these special cloths that rub away oxidation. They work perfectly from small charms to large pendants

For copper, professional jewelers use rouge cloths. They leave your fingers with a reddish tint, though (easily washed away).

Relatively inexpensive, I'm pretty sure both can be bought from Rio Grande jewelry supply or from your local jewelry store (NOT Sears, Macy's, Kohls-- A real jewelry store like Zales or Kay).
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 8, 2007, 06:49 AM
    I used to work for a jeweller in the 1960s, we used to used general carpet cleaner (not the type with low foam you use in machines), it was diluted in a little warm water and we would use a soft toothbruch to scrub the jewellery clean, then rinse in warm water and polish with a dry lint free cloth. We also would use a small amount of metal polish on gold.
    CleverGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 12:18 PM
    I love love love Wenol for cleaning my silver jewelry...

Try googling it...

Great stuff...
    Bek
    Etsy :: Mother's Day Gifts: Handcrafted Jewelry and Shea Butter
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

May 26, 2007, 07:16 AM
    For gold and nothing with pearls, I use my own mixture of dishsoap and a little ammonia. When I am done soaking them, I dry them off and use a gold polishing cloth. This gets off all the gold smudge and makes them look like new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Make it go away [ 5 Answers ]

I been dealing with a few depression moments. I tend to get all hyped up and angery, or really scared and feel like I'm losing my head. I don't want to take any medications, I don't want to be a phyco. But is there any natural way to let this go. I feel really bad talking about it, but I need to...

Make up [ 13 Answers ]

Hi Could anyone tell mew were I could buy glittery eye shadow like this http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/limecrime/orientalglitter.jpg I've looked in beauty shops and can't find any.. what websites could I find this and buy from?

Go to him or make him come to me? [ 9 Answers ]

I met a guy a few weeks ago who asked me out. I thought he was cute and nice so I said yes. We tried to get together a few times but it just never happened. Then we made a date for him to meet up with us to double with my friend and her date. He never showed or called. He finally called the next...

Make up [ 1 Answers ]

I have to live as a woman for a while to win a bet. Because of some limitations I have to do make up myself. Can you guide me how do I do it step by step?

Make up [ 1 Answers ]

How much make up is used each year

View more questions Search