Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misschell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2017, 09:26 AM
    For Software Progammers
    I contract for a site where I do chats. There was a time like two years ago that I made a lot of money. However, the last few years my income has slowly but steadily gone down to very little. Being this is my main source of income I need to know if a programmer can filter a contractors clients away from them to make it look and feel like they are just moving on? I feel the site owner has the ability to do this. After 14 years, the last two or three I make less than 1k a month where I use to make 2k. I have a friend that put this idea into my head and I have to find out if it might be true and if one is able to do this. The situation is complicated please don't ask why.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 27, 2017, 09:50 AM
    The notion of getting paid to do chats for a site owner is totally passe. Your income goes down each year because of changes in the world of internet interactions, not anything to do with you or the site you are on.

As for the remote possibility that someone is 'filtering' clients away, that doesn't require a programmer. They can be enticed away without much effort, whether hidden identity or not. But I doubt that that is happening. There are chat/talk/blog sites a thousand fold more each year.

These days, income is from selling ads on a topic page. Google and Facebook are the biggies.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 27, 2017, 10:31 AM
    Look around you guy! The competition for what you are doing has increased greatly from when you started. I can only suggest that you creatively innovate if you want to maintain or expand your audience. The notion that someone is stealing your customers is really absurd, and irrelevant since you never had any control over their chat habits anyway.

Fully agree with the previous poster on this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any software for fleet management software? [ 2 Answers ]

I want fleet management software for my company to easy my work .Software for our efficient transport management covering everything from order entry fleet management.

How I can find the record of fifty software supplying websites to submit software? [ 0 Answers ]

I have recently started working as an seo expert on a site. I have finished some Directory Submission projects. Today I've got a project to submit software on over 50 software related site. I was beginning software associated site on Google. But all efforts are in vain. If someone knows how I can...

Will downloading apple software cause problems with any Microsoft software [ 1 Answers ]

Have downloaded Itunes software and was wondering if it would cause conflict with my other music and video files

Dj software [ 1 Answers ]

I want to download free software to create mixes,record them and to use voice,almost like radio broadcasting

View more questions Search