Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Britalian Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2009, 10:05 PM
    F4 Phantom smoke
    Was watching a program about air war in vietnam; a lot of footage of F4 Phantoms and the amount of smoke they generated. I know that the Phantom was known for this characteristic. What I'd like to know is whether this problem was ever solved. Thank you!
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Oct 9, 2009, 04:52 PM

Most of the older jet engines smoked; the J-79s in the Phantom was no exception. I'd do a search, or research, on the J79.
    goat cheese Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 05:47 PM
    Some of the later updated f-4 phantoms, such as later us air force f-4's did solve this problem.Israeli super phantoms also got past this.The turkish air force fly's super phantoms that where updated for them by Israel. They to do not smoke. A plane the us should still be using

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phantom of the Opera [ 12 Answers ]

Hello out there, I just watched Phantom of the Opera, the new one that came out, and I thought it was beautiful yet I was very confused on what was going on. The guy in the beginning(the old guy) shows up in random places in the movie and at the end he places the flower on Chrisitne's tomb right...

Name of song with lyrics "when a smoke was a smoke and grovin was grovin [ 1 Answers ]

Name of song with lyrics "when a smoke was a smoke and grovin was grovin

Smoke detector doesn't detect smoke [ 3 Answers ]

I have two smoke detectors. Good batteries and when I push the test button the alarm works. But I just filled the house with smoke from an unwatched pot on the stove. Neither smoke detector alarmed. I assume they are defective. But how common is this? And if the test button doesn't reliably...

Phantom of the Opera [ 4 Answers ]

In phantom of the opera (2004)... I know christine loves both men... but at the ending climax... when she does kiss the phantom... she really does love him... and is truly mesmorized by his music, seduction, and all around mysteriousness... Would she have stayed with him if he didn't break down......

1999 Toyota Duet Smoke excessive smoke emission [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have problem with too much emission of smoke. Even more excessive smoke in the morning. Can't even see anyone around the vehicle!! Took it to toyota for diagnostics they discovered valve seal leaked and oil dropping on top of number 1 piston. Have changed the valve seals but still same...

View more questions Search