Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 5, 2006, 11:05 PM
    What if Carthage had won?
    What would the world be like right now if Carthage had beaten Rome?
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2006, 04:33 AM
    The world would be a completely different place... The Rome we know today wouldn't exist.The world in that time would have been more barbaric possily. I'm sure it'd still be there but there would be different customs.. towns and cities would have different names... (thats all I know lol... I'm not sure what it would exactally be like. Would be neat to know though)
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 7, 2006, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by binx44
    The world would be a completely different place... The Rome we knw today wouldnt exist.The world in that time would have been more barbaric possily. i'm sure it'd still be there but there would be different customs.. towns and cities would have different names..... (thats all i know lol..... i'm not sure what it would exactally be like. would be neat to know though)
    Why do you feel that the world would have been more barbaric if Carthage won? Remember, Rome had a Coloseum where murder was considered entertaining and
    Nailing people to stakes or crosses was considered OK.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2006, 07:19 AM
    .. I never thought about that part.. I just thought that society in a whole might have been more barbaric.because a new religion would have came forth out of it and the citizens may have seen it as more barbaric... I'm not good at explaining things too deaply and I asm sorry for that
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 14, 2006, 06:39 PM
    If Hannibal had won Rome... not much would have changed... for both societies are socially and culturally similar... it would have made no difference in the leadership.. the conquer of Carthage had a son... and son was more focus on revenge( for Hannibal killed his father) then the glory of Rome... the attitude of Hannibal until his death was not much on revenge... the changing of certain ideologies did not come about until after the fall of or after the death of the Cleopatra
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2006, 07:12 AM
    .. Luna. Thanks for the small crash course in history I didn't know that at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search