Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 12:09 AM
    Is Using Twitter a Viable Way to Advertise a Business, Service or To Sell Things?
    Hi, All!

I've heard about Twitter. Haven't really explored it. I'm already listed on many sites on the Internet where people can find me easily when doing searches for what I do, where I am.

Are any folks from this site using it to advertise? Also, does what is posted on Twitter get good exposure when people do searches for things?

Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 22, 2009, 12:10 AM
    Honestly, not really
    There's so many other people attempting the same thing ads get lost in the general site "noise"
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 01:10 AM
    Thanks, Ben!

I haven't really checked it out because there has been so much "twitter" about Twitter, and it seems to be so much more of a social site. I actually wonder how long it's going to last as a site.

If it were viable for my business advertising, then I would seriously consider using it. But, if I'm going to get "lost in the shuffle" on it, it's not worth it. As far as any posts on it getting noticed when people do searches in the search engines, I would imagine that it's very much like Inetgiant, the behemoth of the advertising sites, where it's easy to get "lost in the shuffle".

Thanks, again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Twitter for Small Business [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have examples of small businesses using Twitter in creative and successful ways?

Small business on Twitter [ 4 Answers ]

Do you have examples of small businesses using Twitter in creative and successful ways?

Sell service with an F-1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a PhD student with a F-1 Visa. Related to my field of study, I take pictures, and I was contacted to sell one of them for publication in a text-book. I would like to know if it is legal with an F-1 Visa to do that? And what type of contract should I fill? The W-9? W-8BEN? Or an other...

How do I advertise on blogs and forums for a small business on the internet [ 1 Answers ]

:( I Need To Know How To Advertise On Blogs And Forums For Internet Businesses That I Have Going On Now I Would Like Some One To Tell Me How To Use Blogs And Forums To My Advantage To Get Traffic To My Website How Do Blogs And Forums Work And Which Forums And Blogs Get The Most Exposure On The...

View more questions Search