Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitty kat100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 09:12 AM
    Help I need to save up money
    Hi I am a 11 years old in I needa job I am trying to save up some money for something and I don't no what sholkd I do. I have been trying to look at some babysitting jobs or taking care of dogs or some cats I am a animal lover. And I love little kids to babysitt I have a little because he is 3 years old sometimes I watch him but my aunt in stuff don't have any money for me if I watch him.If I do find a job or if there is any offers I would charge at leats 15 $ a week any lower is 13$ a week if anyone has things they need help with just tell me and I am allso good at cleaning:P its not my favorite but when I am trying to earn some money so if I haft to I will and I also like helping some kids with learnning there abcs there colors so and offers just meesage me back thanksss:) - Katie:):)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2011, 09:29 AM

This is a question and answer site - no one here is looking to hire anyone.

Have you asked your neighbors and families about pet walking, perhaps grass cutting, cleaning, babysitting?

I have a WONDERFUL 11 year old in my neighborhood who is excellent at vacuuming, things like that, when I am busy.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 09:38 AM

I used to pay a neighbor boy (who was about your age) to wash my plastic lawn furniture, to crawl under bushes to pull out old newspapers that the paperboy had flung there or pull out stuff that had blown under there, and to do some basic weeding around the yard. I always had work for him.

Check with neighbors who would pay you for light weeding, being a mother's helper (mom's at home but is busy with housework while you watch her little kids and keep them occupied), and doing light housework like vacuuming and dusting. You could clean out drawers and reorganize them, fold laundry, wash toys, and read to little kids. Moms have lots of jobs for girls your age. Or check with older people in your neighborhood who might pay you to do things around the house.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 09:54 AM

What about a garage sale? Ask your parents first of course, and if they're okay with it, look through your room - any old toys you don't play with, books that are too young for you, maybe clothes that are too small, stuff like that. (Make SURE you discuss it with your parents first! - They may NOT be okay with it!)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 09:57 AM

With a parent with you, you would go around to homes and ask neighbors if there is anything you can do. Perhaps flyers,

Never agree to do work for anyone, in any home without parents permission
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 19, 2011, 01:50 PM
    Katie, please listen to Fr_Chuck. It is very naïve to think that someone here is going to message you about work, when we are hundreds, thousands of miles away, 99.9% of us, the whole WORLD is here. That means that you are probably naïve about danger too, and you shouldn't be online looking for work at your age. Talk to family, relatives, and neighbors and suggested, and be careful.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2011, 01:51 PM

I agree with what everyone has said - and DON'T agree to meet with, talk to, work for ANYONE your parents haven't met.

I like to think that 99.9% of the people in the World are good and decent but everyone has to be aware and cautious of the other .1%.
    springfall79 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1
    -

May 5, 2013, 05:56 PM
    Hey, same scenario. What I did was ask my parents for a higher allowance.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 5, 2013, 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by springfall79 View Post
    Hey, same scenario. What I did was ask my parents for a higher allowance.
    What do you do for your allowance? You stated in another thread that you are paid $60 a month. You better be cleaning the entire house, shoveling snow, mowing the lawn, walking the dogs, changing the cat litter, taking out the trash, doing laundry, cleaning the toilets, and cooking dinner at least once a week for that kind of money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to save money! [ 6 Answers ]

I need help or ways to start saving money. I spend it mainly on weed and cigs and food. How do I help quit those things to save some money but still be able to do the above?

Save money [ 1 Answers ]

How do you take a portable dishwasher and build it in the cabintry

Save money [ 4 Answers ]

I want to convert my gas furnace to electric How much exactly will this cost me and will it be worth it? My gas company is price gouging me and I can't afford it any more, is electric heat cheaper than gas?:confused:

Save money! [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possibly to convert single phase to three phase to save money running motors. Or will the amp draw on the converter be more than than the single phase motor consumsion?

I want to save money,but I do not now how [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: :o I want to know how to save money. I feel like I need to save some money no matter for what. But I don't know how to do that, I spend out all my salary every week! Any help?

View more questions Search