Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 03:45 PM
    How long for bone graft to heal?
    At the beginning of April, I had a tooth extracted and a bone graft done, so that I can have an implant done later in the year.

Now, the gum has healed up well, the stitches are out, but it is still sore when you press on it, and I feel as if there is less there than around it.

Will the bone graft build up as time goes by, or is this as much as I get?

How long should it take before there is no soreness when I press on the bone graft?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 06:42 PM

I would think by now you shouldn't be having any soreness. You should contact your dentist and have him x-ray it.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 07:00 AM

That's what I was afraid of. The dentist who did the job is a long way away. None of the local dentists do grafts or implants or stuff like that,
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 07:16 AM

Why don't you give the dentist who did the graft a call. Maybe you can go to a local dentist for the x-ray and they can send it to the dentist who did the surgery. He can then at least see how it is healing. Just a thought.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 01:08 PM

Yes, I'll try that. Thanks.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

May 16, 2009, 05:34 PM

Usually its 4-6 months healing
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 06:01 AM

Thanks. I'll stop poking and panicking.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

May 17, 2009, 09:27 AM

I'm surprised they didn't give you clearer instructions/additional appointments
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 11:11 AM

Well, they said "Leave it for six months, then come back so we can see if it's ready for the implant."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got my tongue pierced how long does it take to heal and what can I use to clean it? [ 6 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced how long does it take to heal and what can I use to clean it with and where can get the stuff I clean it with?:confused:

How long does it take a sprained ankle to heal? [ 37 Answers ]

2 1/2 weeks ago, I sprained my ankle. I waited a few days to go see a doctor but when I finally did, he ordered x-rays. He said there are no broken bones. He told me to come back in a week. I did and my foot was still swollen and VERY tender in several places (I'm talking that it's so tender...

How long does it take 4 belly piercing to heal? [ 2 Answers ]

Some people are telling me to wait 4-6 weeks to take out the belly ring and put in a new 1 and some people are saying wait 6 months so which one is it?

How long does a Broken Ankle take to heal? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I broke my Ankle in January 2009, both of the bones and had an operation and got nine screws put in and I finally got a job and during the day it swells up, but on the next morning it is a lot better, any advise what I can do to make it better, besides not walking, I have a job where I sit...

How Long To Heal? [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take to heal from a broken shoulder? How long does it take to recover from a collarbone fracture? Clavicle fractures should heal completely within 12 weeks, but the pain usually subsides within a few weeks. Often patients are back to full activities before 12 weeks has passed,...

View more questions Search