Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creebat01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Hi my husband wants to transfer his probation from Texas to san antonio and the po tells him it could take up to 190 days and then tells him he can't leave harris county to go to san antonio to church I was told that is a lie he just can't leave the state. And so he told him that would be a violation of his probation and he just said he can't transfer because he has a warrant for traffic violation. Is this true also? Can anyone tell me the real law on probation in Texas about traveling in the state and transfer? He is on probation for a felony because he was caught with a little cocaine. Thanky ou and god bless

Hi I forgot to say also that the po told us we would have to stay in a shelter until they transfer us because we can't go to san antonio in Texas. My husband got laid off and we can't pay our bills we need to stay with family in san antonio until we get stable is this true so now he says because he has a warrant for traffic violation he can't even transfer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 06:17 PM

Please do not start a new thread to "add" more info, it does not work like a blog.

You "answer" your own question to add more info.

Normally you can transfer in state fairly easy, but you will have to transfer,

Where you can or can't go is set in the rules of your probation.

If there is a current warrant, and it is active, they can even violate his parole for having a warrant, and let the judge decide.

1. he needs to clear up any warrants
    2. he needs to ask to see the policy in writing, the PO is required to show him the policy
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Hello c:

He was given of copy of, and he signed, the Conditions of his probation. In this document, it will say specifically what he CAN and CANNOT do. It will say where he CAN and CANNOT go. Get a copy of this document. He should have a copy. There should be a copy in his court file. The PO should have a copy.

However, having been under supervision, I've never been told I can't leave the county. I doubt he has that stipulation too.

Don't probation officers suck??

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Transfer [ 5 Answers ]

I recently put in a request to transfer my probation from Texas to New Mexico and they haven't answered our request yet.What could be taking them so long?

Transfer of Probation From Texas to California [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been accepted into a college in California. What steps does he need to take to transfer the probation? Is it difficult to transfer probation for education purposes from Texas to California?

I want to move to Texas and I am on probation [ 18 Answers ]

I just recently got a DUI in Ohio on October 5,2007. I got put onto probation in November. I am on probation for a year. I wanted to transfer everything to Texas and continue my probation there. I can't find a job or anything here in Ohio. I have a place to stay in Texas and I know it would be a...

Colorado probation transfer to Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a domestic violence case on me, pending if I complete 1 year probation anger management classes and parenting classes. I spoke with my probation officer to get a transfer back to Texas, he told me to get a job and not to worry. Well I get in contact with the probation office here in Texas...

Probation transfers in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how long it would take for someone with a felony to be transferred fron Texas to Montana?

View more questions Search