Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charli5989 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 12:07 PM
    Epson salts
    Hi there, I have mastitus and have been told epson salts are very good for this, can I still buy this now a days and where would I buy this product from? Kind regards
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Hi,
    Epson Salts is available at most pharmacies, Drug Stores, Rite Aid, large department stores.
    I bought some just a few months ago... came in a carton, similar to a Milk carton.
    Best wishes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2006, 06:30 PM
    Not sure what nation you are from, in US, Walmart, Kmart, Kroger, almost any and every pharmacy, most larger grocrey stores and many of the Dollar stores.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2006, 10:53 AM
    Use of a breast pump can greatly help with mastitis. Even if you are nursing regularly, using a pump to keep the ducts open can be very helpful. If it is something you commonly experience, spend the $$ on a breast pump. You'll likely keep in better health and you can freeze the breast milk for your baby.

If you don't want to buy one new, you can check in the phonebook for midwife clinics or women's health clinics... sometimes they'll have used models that have been completely disinfected and for sale at a discount. Electric is better than manual. They might also have suggestions to help you. Or if you do have to buy one new you may be able to sell at discount, again checking with local women's clinics.

My wife had mastitis one time. She then regularly used the pump, even when she didn't feel really engorged, and she never got it again. It also let us build up a supply of milk in the freezer.

Epsom salts should be available, as mentioned, at any pharmacy. The chemical name is magnesium sulfate.
    lisa 37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2006, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charli5989
    hi there, i have mastitus and have been told epson salts are very good for this, can i still buy this now a days and where would i buy this product from? kind regards

Hi you can get this from any chemist, I was looking as I'm starting making my own bath salts . And I live in the uk hope this helps, p.s they are quite cheap xx
    charli5989 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa 37
    hi you can get this from any chemist, i was looking as im starting making my own bath salts . and i live in the uk hope this helps, p.s they are quite cheap xx
    Sorry for long wait in reply... thank you very much for your advice, but I gave up breast feeding as my baby constantly wanted to be fed and he also got very poorly himself, and with three other children I don't have time to sit on the sofa feeding all day thanks once again
    Homecoming Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

May 30, 2006, 06:31 PM
    I get mine from the supermarket

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Epson Stylus C65... [ 5 Answers ]

First I want to know if epson printers for example Stylus C65 has a program expiration?. Because months ago after I purchased this product when I print something a message appear saying that a part of my printer near to its end. See documentation... I called a technician and fixed the...

Epson photo 700 printer [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought an Epson photo 700 printer. It has got the problem that it sometimes prints just a few lines of a document, then pushes the paper through and keeps pushing paper until all of it is gone. It does seem to be a software problem. I have tried all drivers I could find on the web, but...

View more questions Search