Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tk1977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Is TUI University formerly (Touro University Intl) rec. by US DEPT of ED.
    I am in the military and I was thinking of starting a Master's Degree at TUI University. I just wanted to know if I am wasting my time or is this degree going to be useful in the civilian world. i.e. is it recognized and Accredited by the U.S Dept of Education, like maybe IU, PURDUE Or Notre dame? I did some research and it is recognized by WASC. That is an accrediting agency out here in California. But, I'm not sure if employers in the civilian world would accept this degree or not.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 11:48 PM
    From what I have read, it would appear that they are up and coming concerning being recognized and accredited. But, I think that whether what you get a degree in is acceptable to a potential employer would depend on the subject of the degree.

What is the subject of the master's degree that you were thinking of getting and what sort of places were you thinking about working after obtaining your master's degree, please?

Thanks!
    Tk1977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Well, my main emphasis is going to be a masters in Public health! This degree I can do online, but my main passion is nursing. Seeing as how I am in the military I can not pursue this degree (clinicals and full dedication) until I get out. So that's where I stand right now! Thanks for your input, Clough!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 02:52 AM
    Thanks for your response, Tk1977! Since you have now mentioned something about the health care field, I'm going to ask that your thread that you have started to be moved to the following topic area so that it will be noticed more and answered by those who have the best experience in order to answer it. There may be other options for you other than the institution about which you are inquiring.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/health-care-careers/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it Bad University? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm studying in Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences but my specialty study is Hotels management and it takes 4 years here . I think we must take some practical courses in food and beverage , reception ,cooking... but actually we are taking courses in accounting management...

Is atlantic International University recogned university [ 9 Answers ]

I' m Tanzanian living in Tanzania I want joining Atlantic International University for B.A education, can their degree acceptable any where?

Is Washington International University another mill university? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me to answer about the status of WIT university...

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

St Clements University - another unaccredited university? [ 4 Answers ]

Would anyone tell me about the accreditation of St Clements University,please?

View more questions Search