Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kpowers1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Trane ac unit cost?
    Hello----
    Well we have inherited a brand new Trane 2 ton xl series (16i) ac unit---our cousins bought it.. never took it out of the box ---and recently up and left their home before summer-and gave us the unit----so we were going to install it and found out it will not work on our house since our home is too large and our 2.5 ton is actually working better,, even though it is much older----so now we want to sell the unit probably on ebay---but no one will give me an estimate of what it costs so I have no idea what is a fair asking price just for ac unit. Please help? I just need a balpark estimate for just the ac unit. This is for central whole home air conditioning Model number 4TTX6024B

Thank you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Start it out at 250.00 because someone is going to have to pay a fortune to get it shipped. And there will be no warranty.
    splk1909 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kpowers1
    Hello----
    Well we have inherited a brand new Trane 2 ton xl series (16i) ac unit---our cousins bought it.. never took it out of the box ---and recently up and left their home before summer-and gave us the unit----so we were going to install it and found out it will not work on our house since our home is too large and our 2.5 ton is actually working better,,, even though it is much older----so now we want to sell the unit probably on ebay---but no one will give me an estimate of what it costs so I have no idea what is a fair asking price just for ac unit. Please help? I just need a balpark estimate for just the ac unit. This is for central whole home air conditioning Model number 4TTX6024B

Thank you
    Kpowers, Do you still have this unit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Trane Unit is frozen over [ 3 Answers ]

My spouse is deployed and I put the filter in the wrong place. I placed it at the bottom of the unit where the vent is.:confused: I found out that I put it in the wrong place by opening the unit door and opening another cover where I found the Frozen and Dirty Filter. I have turned off the unit...

Same Trane Heating Unit [ 1 Answers ]

I am having the same problem with my trane unit, which came from a switch in the auxiliary heat, I know that this is a problem that has been going on with trane units. I have a friend that works for them in Charlotte and he let me know that these units have been experiencing these problems for a...

Trane package unit [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all I'm having a problem with a unit runs good ,cools good, unit will run fine then just shut off ck unit giving no codes reset unit it runs fine until it just shuts off again

Trane a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the a/c on inside the trane unit outside is making a loud buzzing sound. What can I do?

View more questions Search