Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baileygm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Moen Faucet Model 82403 Diverter Problems
    I have a Moen Faucet that was installed 2 months ago. Lately the shower/tub middle knob has started to become hard to turn. I removed the knob, brass nut but am unable to get the diverter out. Is there something special that I have to do to get the diverter out? Thanks for your help.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 01:03 PM
    If it looks like the valve in my attachment (click on it), then once the brass nut is removed you may need to twist and pull... that SHOULD do it... may need to pull a little harder then you imagined... but go for it.. should be fine. Let me know.

http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/82403...&id=47a72d6713

Also note that if any real issues occur with that faucet.. it is under a lifetime warranty... just call 1-800-buymoen with part numbers needed and they ship out to you free of charge (parts and shipping). Keep us posted.
    baileygm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 01:16 PM
    I gave it a good yank and it came out. Thanks for the advice.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 8, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Glad to help Bailey! Thanks for nice rating.
    tony.z Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2011, 01:10 PM
    I've got a similar issue, same model shower. But I can't get that brass nut off. And I don't want to strip it. Any suggestions?
    papanote Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 11:53 AM
    I had the same problem. Moen wasn't much help except they sent me the new diverter assembly. Here is what worked for me.

I used a heat gun with a concentrator nozzle and held it about a foot away from the opening(don't want to melt the fiberglass)for about a minute.

Then I took a long narrow screw driver and inserted it between the opening and the valve so I could take a hammer and tap the brass area around the diverter. A couple of taps and it came right out. I couldn't believe it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diverter valve, Moen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Moen faucet. This evening, we were bathing our daughter in the sink and was using the spray hose intermittently (uh... cause she pooped in her tub!) That's when we lost all water flow to the faucet. Water only comes out of the sprayer (when I press on the sprayer...

Moen spray diverter [ 3 Answers ]

I have a moen 2 handle kitchen faucet model 7905,took the spout off to remove the spray diverter to replace it tried to pull it out with a needle nose pliers won't come out,am I doing this correctly thanks bob

Moen faucet diverter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Moen single lever faucet in my kitchen. About one week ago, it started showing signs of a problem. When I turn it on after it hasn't been used for an hour or two, the water pressure is very low, almost none. If I turn it on and off a few times, then the pressure gets better....

Diverter valve for Moen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace the diverter valve (1225) on the kitchen faucet. Do I need to remove the entire faucet to do this? If so how do I do this? Thanks

Moen Faucet problems [ 3 Answers ]

The Moen faucet in my shower comes away from the wall when the shower is turned to hot and water is diverted through the shower head. How do I fix this problem?

View more questions Search