Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    subby69 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 12:17 PM
    How to reset dsc alarm pc1832
    A friend had a problem with there alarm,there is no paper work for this panal and no codes at all,the panel is in a lockable box with no keys.
    I have forced the box and the panel inside is a pc1832/1864
    I believe to reset the panel you have to short out pgrm1 and z1,I have done this but this has not worked,don't no what else to try and there are at least 4 alarms in the same street with the same fault,can anybody help
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 02:13 PM

Hope you didn't reset Panel, Connecting PGM and Z1 and a couple of other steps will reset panel to Default Values, Unless you know to reprogram this, don't do it.
    Zones need to be programmed as Interior, Instant, Entry, Fire or something. Default may be wrong, If all zone show a violation, could be that programming had been changed from EOL's as default, And no EOL's were installed.
    I have a site for the owners Manual. I can't give out Programming Manual, but can help with Programming.
    I'll be back with a site that has your owners Manual.
    He doesn't have the Master Code? New House? What's the situation.
    You may not have reset to Default, as you may have missed a few steps. This is Good.
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 02:24 PM

Try here:
    Alarm Manual - Alarm System Manual - Security System Manual
    I can't find a couple of sites in particular right now. I was looking through ADT's site and found Free user manuals on their site a couple of days ago, and can't find right now.

Apr 16, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Try here:
    Alarm Manual - Alarm System Manual - Security System Manual
    I can't find a couple of sites in particular right now. I was looking through ADT's site and found Free user manuals on their site a couple of days ago, and can't find right now.

Yes I did try to reset the panel,but don't think I managed to,customer had never used the system in over a year then one night the alarm went of,they didn't no how to shut it down so they cut cables to keypad and sounder,then got the window cleaner to cut bell cables in morning,the same fault is on the alarm in the next house along,no codes so can't arm the system
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 03:25 PM

With the bell cut, it will show as a system trouble and the removed keypad will also be a problem as they are supervised(System knows when and which device on the buss is removed.
    You will need to repair wiring to Keypad and bell circuit, replace bell fuse, and reset time and date to eleminate the Time and Date trouble light, yellow, press *2 to view trouble(s). Let me know what you get.
    If this is an 8 zone basic system(contacts, motions, smokes) and no wireless or expanders, you would need to tell me what zones are what, and I can help default and reprogram.

Apr 16, 2010, 03:39 PM
    With the bell cut, it will show as a system trouble and the removed keypad will also be a problem as they are supervised(System knows when and which device on the buss is removed.
    You will need to repair wiring to Keypad and bell circuit, replace bell fuse, and reset time and date to eleminate the Time and Date trouble light, yellow, press *2 to view trouble(s). Let me know what you get.
    If this is an 8 zone basic system(contacts, motions, smokes) and no wireless or expanders, you would need to tell me what zones are what, and I can help default and reprogram.
    Repaired wiring to keypad and bell and now working,keypad displays date which is wrong and time,says set system or enter code,have tried numerous codes but none have worked
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 03:41 PM

Try 5555 and 1234 with the green ready light
    Also try *85555 or *85010 and let me know what happens. If reds light come on hit ## to exit and let me know what happens.
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 03:44 PM

You have a Yellow light, right? Hit *2 and let me know what it says. ALL my questions are importand, as well as what zones are what?
    Good Luck.

Apr 16, 2010, 03:45 PM
    try 5555 and 1234 with the green ready light
    also try *85555 or *85010 and let me n=know what happens. if reds light come on hit ## to exit and let me know what happenes.
    OK will do,thanks for your time
    h0agie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 02:05 PM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    I know this is an old thread, but I am having a similar problem. I reset the panel and now it has a default code of 1234 that I can't seem to change. I tried *5,1234,40 (also tried 41), <new code>, ## and it never removes 1234. When I enter the *85555 it does go into a programming mode (which I ## out of).

Uber Member

Jul 26, 2011, 05:38 AM

You need to use *6, not *5.
    * 8 is installers code and is used for system programming.
    ## will exit out of both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming DSC PC1832 alarm [ 3 Answers ]

HI... How do I change the delay time on a DSC PC1832 STAY-ARM key to 30 seconds delay. Thanks

Programming a DSC PC1832 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm installing and programming a basic home security system. I'm using a DSC PC1832 control panel. I have 2 keypads and a number of devices (door and window contacts, pir's, smoke and heat detectors). The home is divided into 2 suites (owner's and tenant's) and I've partitioned the...

How do I disable the dialer on a dsc pc1832 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I disable the dialer on a dsc pc1832 so the trouble light and trouble # 3 will go away.

Keybus Fault on DSC PC1832 alarm system [ 1 Answers ]

Getting a keybus fault error on DSC PC1832 system. Board problem?

Prgramming the DSC PC1832 [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a PC1832 which gave me a big headache and spent one full Saturday without success. I connected the hardware but had major issue programming the system. Due to incorrect data entry, I believe the system locked up and all what I see is a symbol of keypad on the screen and --:--. As soon as I...

View more questions Search