Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Aug 30, 2007, 03:12 PM
    There's this girl.
    Hey guys, so here's the deal.

I walk into my local shopping centre and I see this girl I haven't seen in ages, I don't know anything about her except she used to get the same bus as me and I found her pretty dam hot, problem was back then I had a girlfriend, now I'm single id love to see if I stood a chance.

I only see her when she's working and like I said, I don't know a thing about her, my question is, how would I go about striking up a conversation with someone I know nothing about?

Any tips would be great
    parafenix Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Ask her something about work dude.. whatever she's working on at that moment is a great way to start things off... keep it natural though, and let the conversation progress from there. But don't expect her to recognize you either.
    tpreyer Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Be bold tell her how great she look's ask if she's dating anyone then ask her on A date. The worst she could do is turn you down even if she does it's better than wondering what would've happened.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Mm... depends on the girl. Not all like to be praised as "looking good".
    Like if someone comes to me saying "Hey there, you look hot!"
    TURN OFF!
    So it really depends on the girl.:)
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Aug 30, 2007, 06:06 PM
    One idea is that when you see her, smile a friendly smile directly at her, what she does after that will probably tell you something about her personality. For example if she smiles back, she might be easy to approach and so on.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE
    One idea is that when you see her, smile a friendly smile directly at her, what she does after that will probably tell you something about her personality. For example if she smiles back, she might be easy to approach and so on.
    Yes, that's the right way to start!:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 12:39 PM
    tpreyer disagrees: you have low self esteem
    I don't want Zooropa just walk to the girl say "hey, u look hot!" it will certainly freak the girls out and they will think he is "one of these guys!" which he is not.
    Weigh your decision before you accuse others.
    You are abuse the rating system while giving wrong advice. Don't be that shallow and little.
    tpreyer Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Aug 31, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    I don't want Zooropa just walk to the girl say "hey, u look hot!" it will certainly freak the girls out and they will think he is "one of these guys!" which he is not.
    Weigh your decision before you accuse others.
    You are abuse the rating system while giving wrong advice. Don't be that shallow and little.
    Maybe you got the wrong Idea I said you have low self esteem because you keep saying you look younger when you smile. And I think you look great the way you are.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Lol, well, I will appreciate if you didn't use the reddie. And I don't have low self esteem, I could look like 18 when I smile, I just feel it's funny to look younger. Okay, I am deleting that part in my signature... lol
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Sep 2, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Hey Zooropa,

You want tips? I'll give you my lousy tips.

You have to be brave if you really want to strike a conversation with her. One day, go to that store where she works. You're an ordinary customer, like all the others. Ask her to help you find something you're desperately looking for. Maybe you should go in the morning when there are not many people around, so she'll take her time. Then, casually talk to her and ask her questions. Make her talk to you. As long as you don't ask her for her number right away and ask her if she has a boyfriend, you'll do fine and hopefully you won't become the “freaky customer”.

Then, two days later, go back to the store for I don't know what reason. I'm sure she'll remember you. Talk to her again and see where it goes. If she's avoiding you, back off a little bit. If she doesn't seem bothered, keep on talking to her. She should get the point. Just be the nice, cool, and friendly Zooropa.

I wish you good luck! :) And keep those "You're hot" or "You're not so hot" comments for later if you don't want to screw up. :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Smile
    You have to make the female feel at ease and comfortable that you are a friendly and fun guy and you are not
    a psycho as quick as possible. Especially when talking to her for the first time. You also need to let her know
    that you are confident and comfortable around women. A big and genuine smile is the best way to do this. It works. In fact, if you ever get an Ice Queen that you can tell is about to give you the “dead eye”, give her a big smile. Practice smiling at random people. You'll be surprised by how many people smile back and at how many
    doors open to you. Smiling WORKS. Just don't make it a cheesy, fake smile
    Upright posture
    Guys can get away with a bit of a hunch, but women really do prefer men with straight, upright postures. Look at all the big film actors like Keanu Reeves etc.;) They all have good posture. It says to a woman you are confident, healthy, and strong (at least in mind). It's just generally more attractive and says lots about who you are. Plus it' s good for your back and will help strengthen your back muscles making it easier to maintain.
    Get into the HABIT of having an upright posture.
    Eye contact
    As you know there's nothing worse than staring at a woman's chest – or even looking. It makes you just like all the other guys who drool over her. If anything you should use all your skill to NOT look at her chest – she'll wonder why her womanly powers don't work with you and she'll seek your attention and subconsciously TRY to
    get you to look! When talking to her, try to maintain eye contact. Not too much because it can be intimidating, but if you aim to have eye contact with her around 70% of the time you are talking, this should be comfortable for most women.
    DRESS UP NEAT, WOMEN ARE VISUAL TOO:D
    If you have uniform ,that'd be great!:D
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 2, 2007, 03:21 PM
    For the most part just go as yourself, only a little more of your refined self, I should add.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Little girl and EX GIRL [ 1 Answers ]

There is This 12 Yr Old Girl That Likes Me A lot And I A 14 Year Old Like Her A Little But The Problem Is That Me And My Ex Are Thinking About Getting Back Together And I Don't Want to Hurt This Girls Feelings Also I Just Want to Wait To See Were I Go With My Ex?:(

What's a girl to do? [ 1 Answers ]

It all started when I met this guy last year, *George. He added me on myspace and I had never spoken to him at school before. The message he sent me said something like, " Hey you look familar have we ever hung out before". So after that we kepted talking, in a flirtious way but never got to...

To be a girl [ 4 Answers ]

I am a boy, 28 years old, I like to live like Girls, apparently. May you guide me step by step to convert into a girl?

View more questions Search