Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kencctt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 11:08 AM
    5 year High School limit
    My son was told by his school principal that if he does not finish his requirements this year he will not be allowed to graduate with a diploma. He had back surgery which caused him to miss a semester about 18 months ago. This is his fifth year and will be 20 next year. I have never heard of being kicked out just because you ran out of time.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Aug 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
    If he can't finish all his courses, he should be able to go to a school for adults and finish up with a diploma.
    lalo1988 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kencctt
    My son was told by his school principal that if he does not finish his requirements this year he will not be allowed to graduate with a diploma. He had back surgery which caused him to miss a semester about 18 months ago. This is his fifth year and will be 20 next year. I have never heard of being kicked out just because you ran out of time.
    That's what there doing to me they told me I'm to old I just terned 19 and its my 5th year I only need 2 credits and I'm out in December
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Yes, I have heard of that. There was a boy I went to high school with that finally graduated a day before he turned 21. He should have been offered alternative learning when he was out of school. Called homebound school. That was offered to my son, when he was going to miss most of his first semester in 9th grade due to hip surgery. Your son may not have been informed of his rights and alternatives. Ask your school district's superintendent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

What is a high school [ 8 Answers ]

What is a high school

My 18 yr. Old daughter who is in her last year of high school is out of control. [ 13 Answers ]

My 18 yr. old daughter is in her last year of high school. Her father (my ex- husband) died last year and since then she has been living with friends despite my numerous attempts to have her live with me and her younger brother and sister. She tells me that I cannot tell her what to do since she...

Scared of high school [ 17 Answers ]

Hey I am about to go and face year 7 but I am SO scared of high school and not because of the work but because a few girls have been saying they are going to bash me next year and they sound really serious and I've seen them doit to my friends before. I have done nothing and I don't even know these...

Do I need a high school diploma to... [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't know, witch thread to put this under but do I need a high school diploma to go to a trade school or college class. And how much would it cost to get my diploma online?

View more questions Search