Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LIZ2007 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Why doesn't he pick up my phone calls?
    I went out with this real cool guy... At first he didn't seem like my type of guy... so weird... He isn't that good looking but something about him made me feel great...

We went out to a movie and when he dropped me off we kissed... I tought it had gone great... although I kept playing hard to get I eventually gave in to the kiss...

I really had a great time but its been about 5 days since the date and haven't rcvd a call from him yet...

My friends say he probably is dating someone else... what should I do??

Should I just wait for his call??

Or should I just give up??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Time to just give up. If he calls GREAT, if he doesn't well you don't have much invested in the relationship, actually there isn't a relationship yet, so time to say you had a great date and move on.
    tormanatort Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Go to his house and see for yourself
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 10:53 AM
    From my understanding this was just one date. By continuously calling him, and worse yet, going to his house, you are being WAY too needy.

Men don't like that.

He hasn't answered your calls, stop calling give him time to call you back. Whatever you do DO NOT go over to his house. You are probably scaring the pants off him by calling.

Leave him alone, give him a chance to call you. If he does great, if he doesn't it was just one date, not a relationship.
    renia Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Well I don't understand why u think it was all right wait by the phone all day like some love sick puppy... more fish in the sea... anyway just relax and
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 12:22 PM
    If a guy doesn't call within 72 hours its time to move on after a first date.

Aug 6, 2007, 01:43 PM
    I actually have called him and we have quick conversations... yesterday he said let me call you back... who knows... but about going to his house... no I haven't...

I just feel like he probably didn't like me...

But then again he was the one who took initiative and ask for a kiss...
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Leave him alone now. Let him call you. If he doesn't so what, it's not a relationship yet or anything.

Don't be needy, clingy, men don't like that.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 02:08 PM
    DON'T CALL, U will scare him away.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Aug 6, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Go find yourself another date who has some basic knowledge on dating etiquette and bothers to give you a call after a first date.

Don't call him, don't go to his house and most of all, don't wait for the phone to ring, hoping it's him. He's not worth it.

Too bad his mama didn't teach him some useful good manners.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Aug 6, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kristynn
    Comments on this post
    LIZ2007 agrees: BECAUSE I ACTUALLY FELT LIKE HE COULD HAVE ATLEAST CALL AND SAID HE HAD A NICE TIME......
    Liz,
    That's exactly what I meant when I said he doesn't have good manners.
    He definitiely should've called you!
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 07:13 PM
    LIZ2007 agrees: BECAUSE I ACTUALLY FELT LIKE HE COULD HAVE At least CALL AND SAID HE HAD A NICE TIME...
    Yes, he should have, but he didn't so don't dwell on it. It's not like you two have been together for years. It was only one date for crying out loud. Not everyone has good manners.
    Looking_for_the_one Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 10:30 PM
    Don't call him anymore, no matter what. Men are hunters. They like the chase. If he wants u he will call u. Don't be too available and that would look needy to him. I would put him behind you and find someone else to date. If he then calls be polite but let him think u don't remember him, make him remind u who he is. Remember if he wants to be with you he will call YOU.
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Aug 6, 2007, 11:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Looking_for_the_one
    If he then calls be polite but let him think u dont remember him, make him remind u who he is. Remember if he wants to be with you he will call YOU.
    I would suggest not playing games - be true to who you are, go on about your business, and if he calls then congrats for you... if he doesn't then fate would have it that it wasn't meant to be...

Aug 7, 2007, 08:42 AM
    He Called Lastnight!!

Yeah He Called And Said Hey What's Up... like Nothing... after 5 Minutes Of A Quick Conversation He Then Said Let Me Call You Back...

He Called Back And We Talked Then Once Again He Said Let Me Call You Back...

He Then Called Me Back But I Didn't Answer!!

What Do You Think??
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 09:15 AM
    First, please turn off your caps. Makes it look like you are yelling at us.

You did good. You don't want to appear too anxious or too needy. You have to have a life too.

Aug 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
    He called and I soon as I heard my cell phone ring I put it on silence and let it ring... I really like this guy but I don't want to seem needy either...

I have a feeling this guy is probably seeing someone and he apparently calls me only when he's alone... so weird!!
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Aug 8, 2007, 06:37 AM
    HI.. why do not make the first move and call him... general talk... just to be able to know if he is interested to date you or not?

Aug 8, 2007, 09:02 AM
    I called yesterday twice and he didn't pick up his phone... :confused:

Honestly I don't know its so weird...

I don't know if he liked me or not!

What can be a good reason for him not to call...
    Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 09:46 AM
    What can be a good reason for him not to call...
    1) It could be that he has a life.

2) He may be dating other women.

3) You two are NOT exclusive in this relationship.

4) It was only one date for heaven's sake.

Just sit back and let him call you. I think this is a little bit of Déjà vu for me... Don't appear to be needy.

Give it a week, maybe two, if he doesn't call, he's not interested. On the other hand, you continue to call him, he may think you are beginning to stalk him after only one date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Unwanted phone calls [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been getting some harassing phone calls from my boyfriend's ex I called told her stop calling is there a way to stop this without changing my number? I was going to call the police but now her daughter is harassing me too. Any suggestions please ? Phone help4

Unwanted/threatining phone calls [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriends ex has found my number in the phone book. The problem is that I live at home with my parents and I do not have a land line, only a cell phone. I stay on the upper floor of their home by myself and can not hear the phone down stairs. The problem is that she calls at all hours of the...

Phone Calls [ 3 Answers ]

:( my husband and I have known the other for a year this past may '07, but we got married feb '07. I found numbers in his wallet and found out he had been calling these two women. He works hard and takes care of our family and I know he loves the hell out of me. We have a very good sex life and...

Unwated phone calls [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have been getting some harassing phone calls from my boyfriend's ex I called told her stop calling is there a way to stop this without changing my number? I was going to call the police but now her daughter is harassing me too. Any suggestions please ? Phone help4

How are cell phone calls transmitted [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When I make a cellphone call from say Louisiana to California, how is the call transmitted: I am interested in knowing the exact details. How many base stations may be involved and when? When are wireless and wired mediums used? Is the method of transmission similar to that of a landline...

View more questions Search