Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yusri3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2014, 09:23 AM
    I'm 17 and want to be adopted because I don't want my father hitting me again...
    Since I was growing up my father has raised his hand at me and I cant take it no more. It had come to an extent where the only choice I had was to kill myself but luckily my social worker talked me out of it. My mom is very supportive but when it comes to my father she does not want to hear anything. A few days ago I really just wanted to run away but when I thought about my little siblings I stopped myself. I really don't know what to do no more
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2014, 10:49 AM
    No one is going to adopt a 17 yr old. Once you turn 18 you can move out on your own. If your father has been physically abusing you, report it to a counselor at school.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 19, 2014, 11:18 AM
    What country do you live in?
    Victoria Z Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2014, 09:21 PM
    Call cps, they are good at destroying families and will do their best to remove you from the home. But keep in mind a foster family might be worse
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2014, 03:01 AM
    Raise his hand? Obviously he is not beating you, or your social worker would have taken you out of the house. So at this point, of CPS takes you out of the house, you will either go to a group home or to a foster home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just found out my boyfriend hitting up the strip clubs [ 14 Answers ]

We are in a long distance relationship, we just both turned 21 and he always tell me whenever he is going out with friends and yup we still communicate even if he is out. Then one time he told me that they are not going to the bar instead stay at a hotel room where his friends got it. And he just...

I was adopted. Who is my father? [ 1 Answers ]

I was adopted in 1964. I have always been told that my "natural " father was killed before I was born, however I can find no proof of this from death certificates

Animated kids film with father hitting child in beginning [ 0 Answers ]

There was this movie I watched a bit of as a child where in the beginning the parent hit the child. My mom made me turn it off after that but I can't for the life of me remember the title of the movie. It was animated and it had animal characters instead of human. For some reason I seem to remember...

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

Found out my father was adopted [ 2 Answers ]

My father was born in New york in 1910 and died in 1985. My family decided to do a family tree and research were my fathers parents were born etc. Going through the archives we found out that on my fathers original birth certificate the father listed is not a name we recognize. The woman told us...

View more questions Search