Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JaniyahW15_ Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2013, 03:10 AM
    Lawyer..
    In Less Than Three Weeks I Will Be A Sophomore In High School & Next Year I Start Applying For Colleges. For The Longest Time Even When I Was Young I Always Said I Wanted To Become A Criminal Lawyer, But I was wondering if I do become a lawyer, are there any dangers such as people trying to kill me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2013, 03:16 AM
    There are dangers with people trying to kill you in any profession. But getting involved in criminal law does give you a slightly increased risk, since you will be more involved with criminal elements. But its not a level of risk that should discourage you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2013, 03:25 AM
    Yes, there can be an increased chance of danger. But there are dangers in all occupations of some sort.

But at this age, many things can change. Now you need to graduate high school, get into college, and graduate college, before you can even go into law school.
    JaniyahW15_ Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2013, 03:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Yes, there can be an increased chance of danger. But there are dangers in all occupations of some sort.

But at this age, many things can change. now you need to graduate high school, get into college, and graduate college, before you can even go into law school.
    I Don't Have To Graduate College Before I Can Get Into Law School, I Can Get Accepted Into A College & Major In The Law Field.. And I Can Also Get Scholarships To Attend Law School.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2013, 04:42 AM
    Depends on where you are. In the US, you can be accepted for Law School before you graduate, college, but you will have to graduate before you can start Law School.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2013, 06:37 AM
    A good criminal lawyer has a vast range of knowledge in addition to the law, general smarts, quick analysis, and ease of speaking without having to prepare.
    As a criminal lawyer, you will either be prosecuting or defending, although you may change from one type to the other, but only by changing jobs.
    It's the prosecutors who are in more danger than the defenders, although they can be too on occasion. I think judges actually are in more danger than lawyers, but I could be wrong.

May I suggest that you stop putting caps at the beginning of every word? It won't help with your teachers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2013, 06:44 AM
    Yes, I was speaking from US.

If you are in China for example, you go into Law School from high school

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a court appt lawyer or diversion lawyer for a duii [ 2 Answers ]

Do I get a court appointed attorney or a diversion lawyer for my dui

Do I need to invest money for a good lawyer for my case or average lawyer it is OK? [ 2 Answers ]

I got married 7 months ago and after a few days the immigration police caught me on Over Stay. I went to prison for a few days. After that, my lawyer send my form I-130 after two or three months after they caught me. A few days ago I had my first court and the judge gave me an extension for another...

Company lawyer or personal lawyer for PERM, I140 & I485 [ 3 Answers ]

Company makes it mandatory to go through their contracted attorneys office for PERM application then I have the choice whether to continue with that attorney for I140 & I485 or choose an independent attorney. Either way I'm paying the fees for both the applications. Any pros or cons on this issue...

View more questions Search