Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topher Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jun 11, 2009, 06:33 PM
    Bazzar sleep
    This has happened to me twice this year, scared the holy hell out of me LOL
    Here's the situation: I'm sleeping next to my girlfriend, sound asleep, then I decide that I want to wake up but I can't. It's like I'm stuck in a dream I can't speak I start thrashing and moaning trying to wake my girlfriend up so she can bring me to. It feels like I'm being suffocated. Has any have this happen should I have this checked out?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2009, 06:37 PM

It happens to me all the time.
    I think it is being in a really deep sleep and having a lucid dream.
    If you feel like you are suffocating though you might want to try going to a sleep clinic. That could be sleep apnea or something serious.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 06:38 PM

Sleep Paralysis
    QUE_SAGE Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 06:22 AM
    Classic sleep paralysis! As said before!
    QUE_SAGE Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Next time it happens, try swallowing or wiggling your toes... I hear it works!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8month old has less sleep, can some one tell me how to put him to sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my son is 8month and 2 week old; still I tie him when he is sleeping as he kicks the blanket in the night and gets cold…. If I keep the AC less then he sweat and won’t get good sleep. If I keep in un tied then he starts crawling or sits in night and won't sleep for long time can some one tell me...

Never can sleep [ 5 Answers ]

I posted before and from what I said before I still haven't gotten much better. I did get an apartment with a friend and I will move in, in August. So that is good. But I can't sleep. Ever. Some days I have to wake up early and I get painfull headaches through out the day but I still can't sleep at...

I can't sleep [ 17 Answers ]

Since the middle of September, I have not been able to fall asleep. In September, I was raped. For a long time when I would try to sleep afterwards, I would see him. I was so frightened, that I would fight with myself to stay awake. Slowly the images faded, but I was having difficulty falling...

Too much sleep what do you think [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I've been going to sleep at 2,3,4 in the morning and waking up at 2,that means I get around twelve hours of sleep.I droped out of high school so I don't got to wake up anymore you think thaat something will happen to me health wise from getting too much sleeep cuase I heard that 8 hours is too...

I can't sleep. [ 13 Answers ]

I have started staying up to 7 AM. The next day it was 8 AM. Next day it was 9 AM. Next day it was 5 hours later (2 PM). I really need to start going to bed early again (at least 11:30). I have a lot to do and I have to start waking up at a normal time. The only problem is I can't.. Its like...

View more questions Search