Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Misspom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2019, 10:40 PM
    Foreign student with a I-20 need a tax ID?
    Foreign student with a I-20 need a tax ID ?
    Does he has to pay tax on property revenue ?
    Does he has to fill a wait document ?

Merci de votre response
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 29, 2019, 09:38 AM
    Foreign students only have to pay taxes on income that is sourced FROM the United States.

Hence, if the property generating the revenue is in his HOME country, no tax is due.

If
    the property generating the revenue is in the United States, then U.S. taxes MAY be due.

Not sure what you mean by "wait document".

Foreign students only have to pay taxes on income that is sourced FROM the United States.

Hence, if the property generating the revenue is in his HOME country, no tax is due.

If
    the property generating the revenue is in the United States, then U.S. taxes MAY be due.

Not sure what you mean by "wait document".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hosting foreign student [ 1 Answers ]

Is the payment received for hosting a foreign student a taxable income? I got a misc form

Foreign student in US [ 1 Answers ]

I am a vietnamese foreign student,I can not afford to pay the school for the high tuition;but I want to stay because I have a boy friend he promise to marry me(he has US citizen) can I stay in US if I ge married with him? May immigartion status are out since I did not attend the school lately.The...

Foreign student in usa? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... The past couple of days I've been researching a lot on how to get to USA t study... Only.. I have a huge problem. I'm 18... I only completed one year of technical high school here in Denmark before I.. dropped out.. Or, well.. I'm taking a break. But now I really regret it because I want...

Foreign student in USA? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... The past couple of days I've been researching a lot on how to get to USA t study... Only.. I have a huge problem. I'm 18... I only completed one year of technical high school here in Denmark before I.. dropped out.. Or, well.. I'm taking a break. But now I really regret it because I want...

Foreign f-1 student tax status [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a full-time graduate student from Turkey. I have been living in the US for 7 months. I get a tuition scholarship and a bı-weekly stipend to cover my living expenses. How much federal income tax should I be paying over my stipend? Thank you Ferit

View more questions Search