Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdcs338 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 06:32 PM
    A/c unit does not blow out cold air.cold air.
    Cold air blows out the outside unit but only slightly cold air is coming out of inside vents. Can you help?

Thanks, Michael
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 06:42 PM
    The outside unit should blow out warm air when working, the inside coils will(should be cold)
    May be Compressor or compressor capacitor problem.
    jdcs338 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando
    The outside unit should blow out warm air when working, the inside coils will(should be cold)
    May be Compressor or compressor capacitor problem.

Stratmando... thanks for the feedback... is it possible that if I let it thaw out that it could potentially work? Thanks,
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 07:43 PM
    If it is frozen it does need to thaw out but this is not your problem is it is frozen. This is a case of low air flow or being low on freon. The low air flow can be caused by a dirty filter, closed outlet grills, blocked return air openings, and many other things. If you let it thaw and then turn it on again it will only freeze over again.
    One real problem with letting a coil freeze over it that the ice builds up on the coil and it tends to move the small copper fittings, if there is enough pressure applied it can break a solder joint and create a leak and therefore ruin the complete evaporator coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace will not blow hot air, it blows cold air only. [ 5 Answers ]

My home furnace is not working properly. It only blows cold air.

AC won't blow cold air [ 4 Answers ]

Have a 2005 grand prix gt. Friend removed the deiod from the fuse box under the hood. Upon replaceing it the AC clutch now does not engauge. No cold air. Checked the fuses all look good. Ideas?

Heater blow cold air [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell T8001C thermostat. I programmed all the times and tried to use the HOLD function on this thermostat and it continues to blow cold air. Can anyone help me figure out what to do?

Trane gas furnace only blow cold air [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 years old trane gas furnace would not blow out warm air, only cold air. I checked gas is on and electric switch is on. Every thing seems normal. It may be the ignition problem. How can I find out? Your help is greatly appreciated Bass

Can't get furnace to blow hot/cold air! [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I recently moved into a house & I can barely tell that any air is coming out. I have just paid to have all the ducts cleaned. Please help me figure this out.

View more questions Search