Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justin17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 02:01 AM
    What is most likely to happen for a class 6 felony in virginia?
    I'm facing a class 4 felony along with a class 6 felony for the same incident, my lawyer says the class 4 will be dropped an I'm going to plead guilty to the class 6. I'm only 18 and my record has nothing but a disorderly conduct misdemeanor on it. Any chance of a reduced charge so I don't have to carry a felony on record?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Hello justin:

Anything is possisble, depending on your attorney, your crime, your record, your background, your grades, your economic standing in the community, your community support, your color, your looks, your family, the prosecutor (and whether he's running for Governor), the judge (and whether he's mad at his wife), the criminal climate in your town, who your victim is, and a few other factors that I can't think of right now.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 11:45 AM
    You asked about a reduced charge. Your best bet would be to talk it over with your attorney about any sort of plea bargain you can get on this. The DA may or may not offer you anything. Who knows? If they've already offered to drop the class 4 and keep the class 6, then you already have your plea bargain. Apparently there might not be a way to skate around the felony stigma. Sorry. Cheer up. In about 9 or 10 years if you've been good and did all the probation, fines, etc. the same judge may just decide to expunge your record. But in the meantime you'll have to wash a lot of dishes or sweep floors or whatever employment you can get with a felony stigmata.
    bleh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 10:27 AM
    You are screwed
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
    Hello b:

That was four years ago. He's probably out by now.

excon
    mstrubl90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 05:57 AM
    I have a friend that has 5 charges of class 6 felony how many years will he get?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Class D felony [ 5 Answers ]

What is a Class D felony and what is the penalty? couns1337

Insurance sales with a felony conviction in virginia if it was over 20 years ago? [ 1 Answers ]

I was convicted of a felony 20 years ago for pot and need to know can I sell insurance in Virginia ?

Felony class d unlawful use of weapon [ 1 Answers ]

What grounds do they have to enforce this? Never pulled a knife but did do hairpulling etc for the 3rd degree assault. Statement written says pulled knife but neither witness willing to testify for prosecution. What do they have if know one else saw this. Statements says don't know if would be...

Have Class B CDL (HAZ, AIr Brake,Tanker) Need Job but have Felony. [ 1 Answers ]

I have Straight Truck Experience and the endorsements listed in the title. I live in KCMO area. Anyone need a driver?

View more questions Search