Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kencobo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Rotating Toilet 90 degrees on Cast Iron Flange
    I am remodeling a bathroom in a 60s vintage home with adequated crawl space. I need to rotate the toilet flange 90 degrees to install the new toilet as the orientation has changed with the remodel. The materials of construction for plumbing is cast iron. I am keeping the same elevation of floor. What is the best way to do this so the new toilet will line up with flange bolts?
    Thanks for input.
    Ken
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 27, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kencobo
    I am remodeling a bathroom in a 60s vintage home with adequated crawl space. I need to rotate the toilet flange 90 degrees to install the new toilet as the orientation has changed with the remodel. The materials of construction for plumbing is cast iron. I am keeping the same elevation of floor. What is the best way to do this so the new toilet will line up with flange bolts?
    Thanks for input.
    Ken
    Hi Ken,

Why go through the hassle of melting the lead, rotating the flange and recaulking the joint when you don't have to. Look at the image of a cast iron flange I've put up and notice the notches opposite the slots. These notches will accept closet bolts as well as the slots. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to move toilet left 1" (cast iron) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My current problem is I have cast iron plumbing in a concrete floor in a basement. Once the walls were finished and the new travertine floor in I noticed that the center of the toilet flange was only about 10.5" from the wall. This would make it a little tight on the left side when...

Cast Iron Toilet Flange Problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have read forums on having the cast iron toilet flange being too high after tile removal. I have some additional questions on this: 1. After removing the Thick set Mortar, the flange is 1 " above the subfloor. Can I just add different types of underlayment to reach the flange (i.e....

Remove cast iron flange [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a plastic (fiberglass?) shower pan with a new one. I have the existing pan free from the walls and subfloor, but it is still being held in place by the drain flange (I did remove the strainer!). The flange appears to be cast iron (it is very rusted inside) and is about 4 inches...

Rotating Cast Iron Plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

1956 vintage house with cast iron plumbing has the washer pump out line through a typical P trap into a threaded connection on a 2 inch by 1.5 inch CI tee in a vertical run (up to a vent to roof, down into the slab and sewer system). Unfortunately, the tee branch points out into the laundry room...

Shower flange"cast iron" [ 3 Answers ]

I have a stand alone shower on a slab foundation that leaked I pulled the floor out and the cast iron flange for the liner is in bad shape and needs to be replaced. How do I go about this and where do I get the parts.

View more questions Search