Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Professional Rookie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 07:31 PM
    Janitrol 7 wire to Honeywell RTH230B 5 wire
    I currently have a Janitrol digital thermostat. I can't read the model #. It has 8 terminals and 7 wires hooked up.
    Terminal - Color
    Y - Yellow
    Com - Blue
    R - Red
    G - Green
    w2 - Looks white
    E/w3 - Looks pink
    O - Orange
    B - Nothing

I'm trying to replace it with the Honeywell RTH230B with terminals as follows:

Rh
    > Jumpered
    Rc
    W
    Y
    G

Can I install the Honeywell or do I have to go buy a 7 wire thermostat? If I can install it, what wire goes where and what wires do I no longer need?

I have a central Heating and A/C. No gas. No pumps.
    Professional Rookie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 01:05 PM
    Nix that. I do have a heat pump. From more research I have done, I cannot go to another thermostat. I'll need all wires. Thanks to all that looked at this post and thought about it.
    myarbro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 01:08 PM
    As far as I can tell, nobody ever answered his question - and I have the very same dillema. Now, in my case I have an AC/Heat Pump combination unit outside, and a Natural Gas furnace inside (strange, I know, but it's cool to have a backup).

Anybody have the answer? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Rookie
    I currently have a Janitrol digital thermostat. I can't read the model #. It has 8 terminals and 7 wires hooked up.
    Terminal - Color
    Y - Yellow
    Com - Blue
    R - Red
    G - Green
    w2 - Looks white
    E/w3 - Looks pink
    O - Orange
    B - Nothing

I'm trying to replace it with the Honeywell RTH230B with terminals as follows:

Rh
    > Jumpered
    Rc
    W
    Y
    G

Can I install the Honeywell or do I have to go buy a 7 wire thermostat? If I can install it, what wire goes where?

Does anybody have the answer? Thanks in advance!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 01:23 PM
    The new stat is not for heat pump. You will need to get a heat pump stat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I fixed my RTH230B 'blue wire' [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, This seems like the hottest place for Honeywell RTH230B questions, so I thought I would post what worked for me after much reading on this forum and troubleshooting. My old thermostat had five wires: read, white, yellow, green, blue The Honeywell connections for: Rh, Rc, W, Y, G ...

3-wire home, 3-wire fan, 2-wire remote [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, My home is 3-wire. I bought a Hunter ceiling fan (model 23811). The fan came with a remote assy. That I do NOT want to use... The fan has standard 3-wire connections (black, white, blk&white strip, ground). The remote receiver home-side wiring looks to be for 2-wire (blk and white)....

Wire Honeywell Humidifier [ 2 Answers ]

I have an HE360A humidifier, an h8908b manual humidistat and a two stage Trane Furnace. The Furnace already has a 120 to 24v transformer wired to the furmace, which is how the old April air humidifier was wired. There are two yellow wires coming out of the water inlet solenoid on the...

Installing Honeywell RTH230B, what to do with blue (B) Wire [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to install of Honeywell RTH230B thermostat. I removed the old Lux mercury thermostat and their were five wires Rh, W, Y, G, and B (blue). The thermostat has place for all of the wires except the B(blue) wire. Do I need a different thermostat or can the B wire be put in the Rc space...

Common Wire on Honeywell T8624D Chronotherm [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing two White-Rodgers thermostats, one heating and one cooling with a Honeywell T8624D heating/cooling thermostat. I have three wires coming from the cooling thermostat (W, R & G) and 2 wires for heating coming from the transformer located in the wall at the thermostat which are both...

View more questions Search